This release has important bug fixes and several improvements.
- Plain text email notifications
- Custom fields for Team Iterations added
- Full user names in comments
- Cumulative Flow chart: filter by Release added
- Dates inconsistency in the new look, if server runs in a different time zone
- Object reference exception on running test cases that are not attached to a user story
- Subversion plugin: ‘view diff’ and mapping of deleted users fixed
- Inner list views corrected for screens with 1280×800 resolution
- Short link does not work if a user is not in a project team
- User is not able to delete relation if ‘delete’ permission is not granted to his role
- Multi selection does not work on Windows 8 (Chrome and Firefox)
3 years ago we got stuck. Yes, we improved the product but somehow lost the roots. Targetprocess started to look like a good ordinary tool, but novelty vanished. We wanted to create the best agile tool, and failed.
So we started to act. We’ve learned how you work, and which problems you face. What you like. What you hate. We tried to address it all in a single hit. I believe we made a major breakthrough in our vision, and that’s how the concept for new Targetprocess 3 was born:
Targetprocess 3 is flexible. Sure, every vendor claims their software is flexible, but in our case it really is. The new Targetprocess is challenging the status quo and may seem unusual when you try it first. But once you grasp the main concept, you’ll feel the power.
For some strange reason there’s no agile PM software that supports multiple teams naturally. Yes, you can handle that with quirky workarounds, but why would you have to do that? Targetprocess 3 fits any company structure: from design studios, where a single team works on many projects, to huge enterprises that require a cumulative effort of many teams. Now you can plan work and track progress across many teams and projects.
Boards in Targetprocess 3 are really cool. You can create any board in a minute: Kanban Board, Task Board, Work by Person, Roadmap and many, many others. The Board UI handles huge data easily via collapsing, focusing and zooming. It helps you add entities quickly, select any entities you want and manipulate them via batch drag and drop.
Live + Mobile
Other nice additions include iPhone/iPad app to handle projects on the go and Live Updates in a browser screen without page refreshes, which is handy for remote meetings.
We’re so proud that after 17 months of development and beta testing we can share Targetprocess 3 with you:
Great things take time, and we didn’t implement all the major features we wanted in this public release. But this is the foundation upon which we shall build further, while listening to your feedback. More great things are already on thу way, like Timelines, Hierarchical Lists with inline editing, Customizable Cards.
Thank you for your patience.
I invite you to jump on board and share the journey with us.
New release v.2.24.1 is there with many improvements.
- It is possible to search inside custom fields
- Search by numbers works (finally!)
- Search indexing works several times faster.
The editor was improved and restyled.
Drag and Drop Images
Now you can add pictures right into the Description field via drag and drop!
Now you can send links to the Views quickly with a predefined format [url]/entity/[id]. For example, this link points to the entity with id = 87443:
The “share link” action has been added to all the Views, so you can send someone a link to a particular entity faster.
Quick Add Section
The Quick Add actions have been moved into a separate section, and now there’s no redirect to another page to add anything.
- Bugs with deleted attachments cannot be imported from Bugzilla
- Mercurial Plugin – “unknown revision ’3/17/2013′” error when specifying a start date in profile settings
- Attachments are not completely removed from the server when a user story is deleted
- TP update fails due to DB being locked by plugins during SQL update phase
- Git plugin error “String was not recognized as a valid DateTime” if TP is installed on non-English Windows
- ‘Mark as Duplicate’ service fails
Customize Cards Team is actively discussing implementation details. Initially everybody was standing near the board, but after two hours of intensive communication depletion took’em all.
TargetProcess v.3 Lists Feature Team is waiting for Nadia (who is enjoying her vacations in NYC)
Max fixed one more bug in the upcoming targetprocess iOS app.
We want to share more about company life, how we work and what we do. Meet the new Weekly Photo rubric.
Our lead developers are resolving last problems in a new super-fast search feature in the upcoming TargetProcess v.2.24 release:
This minor release includes several improvements to the Views. We are going to drop the old views very soon, so we’re catching up on the missing features.
Assign as many people as you want
Now you can assign many developers, many testers, etc. There are no limitations:
However, these multiple assignments can be seen only in the Views. For example, in a List there will be just the “…” sign showing that more than 2 people are assigned:
Fast Assign/Edit for Project
Now, if you’re in the User Story view (or the view for a Bug, Feature, etc.), you can quickly assign or change Project in the Info box on the right:
Tags Auto-Complete and Tags Cloud
It’s been pretty confusing with the tags before: one couldn’t easily identify which tags belong to this entity, and which don’t. Now the auto-complete options are suggested in the ‘add tag’ field:
You can also click on the Tags Cloud to see the most used tags:
New custom field type: multiple related TP entities
This is a multi-select custom field: bugs, user stories, requests, test cases, impediments etc. can be shown as related to some entity. There’s no strict dependency, just a relation. Names appear as you click “add item” and start typing, then you can make a selection. See the entities related to this user story in the Related tab:
Windows 8 & Windows Server 2012 with IIS 8 supported.
Other Improvements and Fixes
This year we are focusing on the next big thing — targetprocess3. It took more time than expected, but great things always take more time.
I personally believe targetprocess3 is a fantastic product with great potential.
Until now we’ve revealed close to nil information about targetprocess3, but now we are ready to show something real, and to prove that we are on track. We are going to run live usability test sessions with targetprocess2 customers to ensure that (or to correct our path).
So what is ready? Here is the set of functionality we want to check right now:
- Plan and track work for Multi-projects and Multi-teams context
- Quick Add everything
- New Board: create various boards using cards, columns, rows and flexible filters.
- Batch Drag and Drop on board
- Switch between Board/View mode
- Collapse and focus on rows and columns
- Customize navigation
- Comet (async live update)
There are still no reports, nor timeline, nor many other exciting possibilities we plan to work on soon.
Still we are eager to show you what we have already and to receive valuable feedback.
If you are interested in a targetprocess3 usability test session, please fill in the form.
The session will be personalised and may take up to 1 hour, it will be run via GoToMeeting or WebEx in any convenient time.