All the OnDemand customers are already using this latest 3.0.5 version. OnSite customers will be able to download it later this week.
v.3 Timelines in beta — that’s the flagship novelty of this release. It also includes a couple other smaller features, some improvements and bug fixes. Note that a feature, fix or improvement marked with the “v.3″ prefix is available in Targetprocess 3 only.
Visualizing work in a timeline comes handy when one wants to get a high-level overview of the work and progress over time. In the beta version of Targetprocess 3 Timelines, one can visualize epics, user stories, tasks, bugs the way they currently are. Same for projects, releases and iterations. Editing capabilities will be available in the future releases. That’s how a timeline looks in Targetprocess 3:
What else one can do with Timelines in Targetprocess 3? Read more.
This feature is supposed to reduce the workload for Targetprocess Admins. Any Targetprocess user can be made a Process Admin by the Targetprocess Admin. A Process Admin can change the process(-es) they’re assigned to, and view settings in the other processes. Process Admins can also clone processes and tweak them as needed.
v.3 Board Co-Owners
Now a board can have several co-owners, or “many owners”. Any board co-owner has the same privileges as the original board owner. Co-owners can change the board settings, and add/remove other co-owners.The only restriction is: a board owner can’t remove herself or the very last owner.Targetprocess admins can also add/remove the board co-owners.
v.3 The copy-to-project action in the new views and in the context menu
This good old Targetprocess v.2 action is now available in Targetprocess v.3:
- Lane filters will auto-apply to a quick-added lane
- Customize Cards: no board refresh when changing zoom levels (<150 cards on the board)
- Customize Cards: the planned dates unit added for assignable entities
- Customize Cards: the burndown button added
- Customize Cards: 5ive rows available for the ‘name’ unit in M-sized cards
- Customize Cards: units fit into available space in single lines
- Customize Cards: the unit for bugs and stories sparklines added to the Project and Team cards
- A new transaction is not allowed because there are other threads running in the session
- Messy abbreviations for such roles as Assignee
- Unstable system behavior after the 3.0.3 release
- Unable to delete the Multiple Entities custom fields
- Eclipse Mylyn connector fails to sync updates to Targetprocess
- An issue with Bugzilla connection: could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel
- Filtering by custom fields doesn’t work in the Targetprocess v.2 lists
- Large entities dropping out from search index
- Improved Test Run performance
- Timeout increased from 5 to 30 seconds for requests posted fromTargetprocess HelpDesk
- The Embedded pages mashup breaks when renamed
- Bad URL’s for embedded images in the Requests that originate from Targetprocess HelpDesk emails
- v.3 Database deadlocks: a new user story wouldn’t get added within 10 minutes
- v.3 Sorting for lanes with Date
- v.3 The Visual Encoding tab removed from the board setup bar
- v.3 Cards blink when moved or prioritized
- v.3 A performance issue with the axes counters
This release includes two minor improvements and some bug fixes.
v.3 Quick add: ‘Add & Open’ button added
The new Add&Open feature gets you right to the entity view, with no extra clicking required.
v.3 Lists: inline edit for tags
The inline edit feature is now available for tags in Lists.
- Git plugin wouldn’t bind some commits
- The Teams context from tp3 is saved and this causes search not to work correctly in tp2
- Bugzilla plugin cannot connect to a Linux Bugzilla server
- Help Desk Portal: ‘Remember me’ now works the same as in Targetprocess site
- Custom Reports: exception in reports with a custom field that has been removed or renamed later
- Custom Reports: exception with filtering by Date custom field
- Search can’t find numeric entry in Template URL custom field
- NHibernate exceptions if time added from the entity view
- Avatars in the inner lists are aligned now
- Comments timestamp is incorrect if client and server have different time zones
- Hyphenation in entity names is corrected
- v.3 Prioritization: JS error if a card gets updated during batch prioritization and it’s not in the slice
- v.3 Prioritization: only the first card from a batch moves to the new position
- v.3 Prioritization: card is moved to an incorrect random location when re-prioritized
- v.3 Board custom sharing: the Project and Team filter is ignored
- v.3 Customize Cards: combined unit for custom fields with the same name but different capitalization
- v.3: User should be auto-scrolled to a newly added board
- v.3: Glitches with the Test Run icon if it’s added as a related entity to the Impediment card or selected in a custom field
- v.3: Glitches with the tooltips for templates deletion and lanes swapping
- v.3: Entity pop-up is closed if I update a Team or a Project that is not in the current context
- v.3: Improved performance for the boards with date lanes (End Date, Start Date or Create Date)
- v.3: Incorrect priority calculation after moving a card
This update includes some essential improvements to Targetprocess 3.0 features, and bug fixes.
An entity will retain its rank when converted
This one keeps prioritization unretarded. Previously, if one had to convert an entity to another one (e.g. user story to a task, or a task to a bug), the rank would have been lost. Now entities will keep their rank regardless of conversions.
Relations Network chart: Release, Iteration, Team Iteration, and Build as cards
With this update, one can track Releases, Iterations, Team Iterations and Builds as related to the other work items (entities). Sometimes there can be such a relation, e.g. when a release depends on one blocking bug, or when an iteration is almost finished, and only one user story holds it. Those new cards in the Relations Network chart help identify such “lagging” work items faster. Check the screen.
v.3 Customize Cards: a shortlisted selection of matches in the units library
Start typing a name of some unit, and matching names will appear in the list. This helps to pick units faster (no need to scroll and search).
v.3 Customize Cards: custom fields as units
Custom fields are now available as an option for customizing the look of cards. If a custom field is critical, someone would definitely want to have it displayed on cards as on a board (not only in the detailed view).
v.3 List: inline edit for states and assigned users
States and assigned users can be updated in the lists now. Check the screen. This removes the need to switch to the board view, or to the detailed view, if one prefers to work with the lists.
- Finish Iteration by Split: effort of the initial story resets to 0 if the story is in points and has tasks
- Cannot delete a release if some sprints have been moved to another release
- .css for NewUserAccountInfo.aspx fixed
- v.3: in IE: entity fails to open in a pop-up from a board
- v.3: in IE: selecting cards on a board is extremely slow
- v.3: a duplicate tooltip for the ‘Remove context’ button removed
- v.3: performance for pages scroll and resize improved
- v.3: the duplicate ‘View’ link removed from the success action message
- v.3: in IE: .SVG replaced with .PNG
- v.3: Board template names are not displayed properly
- v.3: the ‘Undelete board’ message has to be shown as a user selects another board
This release has important bug fixes and several improvements.
- Plain text email notifications
- Custom fields for Team Iterations added
- Full user names in comments
- Cumulative Flow chart: filter by Release added
- Dates inconsistency in the new look, if server runs in a different time zone
- Object reference exception on running test cases that are not attached to a user story
- Subversion plugin: ‘view diff’ and mapping of deleted users fixed
- Inner list views corrected for screens with 1280×800 resolution
- Short link does not work if a user is not in a project team
- User is not able to delete relation if ‘delete’ permission is not granted to his role
- Multi selection does not work on Windows 8 (Chrome and Firefox)
3 years ago we got stuck. Yes, we improved the product but somehow lost the roots. Targetprocess started to look like a good ordinary tool, but novelty vanished. We wanted to create the best agile tool, and failed.
So we started to act. We’ve learned how you work, and which problems you face. What you like. What you hate. We tried to address it all in a single hit. I believe we made a major breakthrough in our vision, and that’s how the concept for new Targetprocess 3 was born:
Targetprocess 3 is flexible. Sure, every vendor claims their software is flexible, but in our case it really is. The new Targetprocess is challenging the status quo and may seem unusual when you try it first. But once you grasp the main concept, you’ll feel the power.
For some strange reason there’s no agile PM software that supports multiple teams naturally. Yes, you can handle that with quirky workarounds, but why would you have to do that? Targetprocess 3 fits any company structure: from design studios, where a single team works on many projects, to huge enterprises that require a cumulative effort of many teams. Now you can plan work and track progress across many teams and projects.
Boards in Targetprocess 3 are really cool. You can create any board in a minute: Kanban Board, Task Board, Work by Person, Roadmap and many, many others. The Board UI handles huge data easily via collapsing, focusing and zooming. It helps you add entities quickly, select any entities you want and manipulate them via batch drag and drop.
Live + Mobile
Other nice additions include iPhone/iPad app to handle projects on the go and Live Updates in a browser screen without page refreshes, which is handy for remote meetings.
We’re so proud that after 17 months of development and beta testing we can share Targetprocess 3 with you:
Great things take time, and we didn’t implement all the major features we wanted in this public release. But this is the foundation upon which we shall build further, while listening to your feedback. More great things are already on thу way, like Timelines, Hierarchical Lists with inline editing, Customizable Cards.
Thank you for your patience.
I invite you to jump on board and share the journey with us.
Default Values For Custom Fields
Now you can set the default values for drop-down, multiselect, number and text custom fields
‘Create Task’ from Request action added
- Unhandled .NET Framework exception in w3wp.exe in attempt to use drag’n'drop on board
- Local time applies when add time via Quick Add from the entity view
- Test Plans list displays estimation in hours even though the process is in points
- Error on add any entity to project in IE 10
- ‘Object doesn’t support this property or method’ JS error when user opens ‘What`s new?’ in IE8
- Reset to default option of new lookup filters is not available in IE 8
- Spelling mistake on Finish Iteration window
- 66432 Bug fixes for Lookup in Quick Add
- Attachments names are shortened and unreadable
- ‘failed to lazily initialize a collection of role:’ exception in attempt to change process for project
- Tags axis should be filtered by project context
- Help Desk portal: changed email notification on password reset
- ‘Use HTTPS access only’ option don’t apply to e-mail notifications
- ‘New Run’ for test plan run redirects from https to http
- Deleted users shown in Custom reports
- Invalid link when click on ‘View Full size’
Redesigned lookup filters
The new lookup filters will help you find entities quickly by ID, by name, or using advanced filters. The filters are available in some custom fields, in the Relations tab, in the ‘Attach to Request’ and in the ‘Convert to Task’ options in Actions.
For example, if you type ’65′ in the lookup filter, it will list the entities the IDs of which start or end with ’65′ , or the names of which contain ’65′:
As for the advanced filters (you need to type ‘?’ in the lookup to run an advanced filter), be sure to check the guide to using TP filters for more info. The filters will save your time whenever you’re trying to recall which TP entity that was.
Take a look at this example:
Auto Timeshift for the Future Iterations
Sometimes people need to change an iteration start/end dates or duration, due to holidays or for some other reasons. Previously, the start dates for every single iteration coming after this one had to be changed as well. It’s too much work if your project has multiple iterations.
In 2.24.5, we’ve improved this part of the TargetProcess user experience, and added the auto timeshift function for the future iterations. Now, if you change an iteration start or end date, or duration, all the future iterations will be shifted by the same amount of days.
- New search: entities from the search results list cannot open in a new tab
- Cannot convert an entity if it has requests attached to it
- Copy-paste image (Ctrl+c – Ctrl+V) to an entity description in Firefox
- Incorrect permissions check: a user with no “edit” permissions is not able to add time records to user story
- System.FormatException: ‘String was not recognized as a valid Boolean’
- Cannot filter Requests in a list by their states if state names are in Russian
New release v.2.24.1 is there with many improvements.
- It is possible to search inside custom fields
- Search by numbers works (finally!)
- Search indexing works several times faster.
The editor was improved and restyled.
Drag and Drop Images
Now you can add pictures right into the Description field via drag and drop!
Now you can send links to the Views quickly with a predefined format [url]/entity/[id]. For example, this link points to the entity with id = 87443:
The “share link” action has been added to all the Views, so you can send someone a link to a particular entity faster.
Quick Add Section
The Quick Add actions have been moved into a separate section, and now there’s no redirect to another page to add anything.
- Bugs with deleted attachments cannot be imported from Bugzilla
- Mercurial Plugin – “unknown revision ’3/17/2013′” error when specifying a start date in profile settings
- Attachments are not completely removed from the server when a user story is deleted
- TP update fails due to DB being locked by plugins during SQL update phase
- Git plugin error “String was not recognized as a valid DateTime” if TP is installed on non-English Windows
- ‘Mark as Duplicate’ service fails
* Improved performance in the lists
* TestTrackPro: TTP Id can be mapped to TP custom fields
* Bugzilla 4.2 Support
#58643 Bad URL generated for images in email notifications
#57895 Bugzilla plugin can’t map re-activated users
#57876 Impossible to edit Email Integration Plugin profile with dashes in the profile name
#57818 Dashboard: Progress Summary component skips Features assugned to Release
#57482 Dates duplicated in the new Burn Down chart
#54692 Duplicate ‘user assigned’ email notifications in some cases
#54235 Sorting order in inner lists messed up in the Print view
#52952 Custom Reports: filter by Summary column for Test Cases -> Last Status allows invalid input, and the report crashes
#48683 The required comment popup appears when prioritizing inside the same column (state) on Kanban Board
#34710 Incorrect Total in a custom report for Time if entries are grouped by Create Date
This minor release includes several improvements to the Views. We are going to drop the old views very soon, so we’re catching up on the missing features.
Assign as many people as you want
Now you can assign many developers, many testers, etc. There are no limitations:
However, these multiple assignments can be seen only in the Views. For example, in a List there will be just the “…” sign showing that more than 2 people are assigned:
Fast Assign/Edit for Project
Now, if you’re in the User Story view (or the view for a Bug, Feature, etc.), you can quickly assign or change Project in the Info box on the right:
Tags Auto-Complete and Tags Cloud
It’s been pretty confusing with the tags before: one couldn’t easily identify which tags belong to this entity, and which don’t. Now the auto-complete options are suggested in the ‘add tag’ field:
You can also click on the Tags Cloud to see the most used tags: