We've started posting regular product tips to our social media accounts. Just search for #TargetprocessTips on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn to see some bite-sized advice on how to get the most of Targetprocess. Here’s what we’ve posted so far:
Placing a ‘+’ before keywords will yield only exact matches in search results. More on search.
- The search bar in the the left menu is used to find a specific view or folder. The search bar to the right of this is the global search; it is used to find entities throughout the system.
- Global search will not yield results for entities in inactive projects.
- When using global search, you can replace any letter in your keywords with a ‘?’ to include possible misspellings in the results.
You can set up WIP Limits for both horizontal and vertical lanes on boards by going to view setup → Limits. Read more here.
- When a WIP Limit is exceeded, the state column will be visibly highlighted in red.
- WIP Limits cannot be applied to the first (initial) state of a workflow.
On Timeline views, the global time period selector is found at the top of the view, while the local time selector is displayed at the bottom. If you're unfamiliar with Timelines, you can learn more about them here.
More on Timelines:
- Timelines are one of the 4 main types of views, along with Boards, Lists, and One-by-One views.
- You can right-click on a point in the Timeline to add planned start and end dates.
- Planned dates are shown with a dotted line, actual dates are shown with solid background, and forecasted time is shown with a semi-transparent background.
Prioritize cards on Board and List views by holding the 'Shift’ key and dragging selected cards to the desired position. If the system prevents your from applying prioritization, this guide article should explain why.
Working with cards from multiple views:
You can use the Selected Cards Panel to work with cards from multiple views at once.
- Since sharing this tip, we've released Batch Actions, which allows you to update multiple entities at once. However, please note that you can only apply Batch Actions to cards on a single view at once.
Admins can rename and customize workflows and states by going to Settings → Process Setup. Read more.
- Be careful when editing a process that is currently in use. If you remove states which are populated by entities, the entities will be moved to a different state.