You've been asking us to add the ability to customize Progress, and we've listened. It's possible to customize how progress is calculated using Custom Formula Metrics. Progress is shown as a percentage, so in formulas the values 0 and 1 are used in the Progress field. Here are several use cases of how Progress can be calculated:
- Progress based on the count of completed child entities. For example, there is a User Story with several Tasks inside. The more tasks with a status marked Done, the higher the percentage in the Progress field in the User Story. Example of formula:
- Progress based on manual value. This means you can set the progress based on any custom field or from other fields. Formula example:
- Progress based on a specific state, for example, when the status of the User Story is “In Progress” then progress will be set to 50%. Example of Custom Metrics formula:
IIF((EntityState.Name="Open"),0,IIF(EntityState.Name="In Progress",0.5, IIF(EntityState.Name="Done",1,0)))
Setup Planned Start/End date via Custom Metrics Formulas
It's also possible to customize the Planned Start/End Date in a similar way, for example:
- Inherit Planned Dates from children to parents.
- Calculate Planned End Date based on the Initial Estimate or Effort.
Here is an example of when the Planned End Date is set to Feature from a child's User Story, when Effort of Feature is not empty. If there are multiple User Stories linked to Feature, then the Maximum Planned End Date of these Stories will be set to Planned End Date of Feature:
- Inherit Planned Dates from parents to children. For example, Planned End Date of Epic can be inherited by Feature:
- Limit Planned Dates based on Relations.
When you set the Planned Start Date for an entity the Metric Formula checks the item can actually be started on this date, or if there is an inbound dependency which ends later than this date. If such a dependency is found, the Planned Start Date of the item will be equal to the Planned End Date of this dependency:
- Set Planned Dates based on Iteration/Release/Team Iteration dates. For example, you can set the Start Date of Release to Planned Start Date of User Story. Example of formula:
If you have any questions please ask our support team!
Subscribe to the latest updates
Сheck out latest blog posts: Show all
a sales representative
Get a live
Let one of our product specialists create your account
and shape Targetprocess for your company needs.