G2 Crowd has released its “Best Project Management Software” report for summer 2016. This report examines the 22 most popular project management systems and provides features comparisons for each, as well as an extended profile of each tool. The report is based on reviews written by over 2180 authenticated business professionals.
Thanks to reviews from our users, Targetprocess is ranked as a leader this year and won in the customer satisfaction category.
“Targetprocess allows our organization to manage multiple projects, with each project utilizing a different methodology and workflow. Targetprocess provides a high level of configurability and a robust suite of features that set it apart from every other product that I've found. Not only does Targetprocess deliver a powerful project management solution, their support team is second to none. I've never dealt with a more responsive, knowledgeable, and professional group of product support specialists. Extremely stable product.”
“We switched to Targetprocess after a lot of research and then a trial of 3 different tools. We were primarily looking to move to a hosted solution but wanted to ensure that whatever we moved to could fit with how we worked rather than make us work around the tool. Targetprocess was by far the best and I have to say that it feels like a tool designed to favour flexibility and customisation rather than trying to oversimplify everything and make assumptions about how you work.
The cross project capabilities were really the clincher for us as we have a large number of interdependent projects and most tools don’t handle this very well at all.”
Changes to Reports
We’ve changed the list of predefined and custom reports that could previously be found in the ‘Other Reports’ top menu. The old predefined reports from Targetprocess 2 have had their day and have now given way to the new Visual Reports Editor.
For example: to create a brand new 'Time by Person' chart, go to the 'Create' option at the bottom of the page, select Report, and then find the 'Time Spent' templates for your new report.
Custom reports are now called 'Tabular Reports.' You can still find them in their usual place: in the Reports menu in the top bar:
Lane suggestions in Board setup
The most appropriate options will now be displayed first when selecting fields for lanes in Board setup. This improvement applies to cards that have a large amount of options available for lanes, i.e. Epics, Features, User Stories, Tasks, Bugs, Requests, Test Plans, and Test Plan Runs.
- Test Run Import plugin: Test Plan selector will now be able to show more than 1000 entities at a time
- Text comments without line breaks will no longer truncate instead of moving into new line
- Fixed multiple script errors on a Timesheet if Time entity has a Targetprocess entity custom field setup
- Deleted or missing attachments will not prevent entity removal
- Bugzilla Integration: fixed a synchronization failure for some old profiles
- Fixed an internal server error in the Audit History of a program if custom field changes took place
Contributor user type
Release v.3.10.4 provides a helpful new user type for users doing cross-project collaboration. As opposed to the Observer user type, who has read-only access to all public projects and teams in the system, Contributor users are allowed to edit. Contributors can modify any entity in any project or team which they are not a member of (if their default role allows these entity changes).
User type can be changed by admins at the Account Settings tab of a user's details view.
- Added batch updates for multiple selection Custom Fields
- You can now create a new entity as a Relation to a batch of cards
- Added a warning popup and confirmation safeguard for users trying to initiate a Process change from a Project view
- /api/v1/authentication?login=System requests will show a message if user still has a default password
- Disabled browser auto-fill for user details views
- Fixed a failure to assign teams to projects (or project to teams) for users with corresponding permissions in a team (or a project)
- Fixed the layout of inner lists in entity details views
- Fixed a case where the 'Work hierarchy' tab would show no data on some Projects' views
- Fixed entity convert failures for users that are both project members and observers