I am glad to let you know we are working on language localization for our Service Desk. We know that some of your customers and users might not speak English, so now it will be more convenient for them to start using Service Desk – we're aware this was a blocker for some of you.
We have completed the background work to make localization possible. There will be a global default language for the whole application, but users will be able to pick their own language if they prefer something different.
The next phase is translation itself, and here is where it gets tricky. We don’t speak every language that we would like to add (or, at least not well enough). As you know, we are not charging for Service Desk, so it is not likely that we’ll be able to hire some translation agencies to do the job. This means we need your help if you want to see some particular language.
Luckily, there is not much text to be translated. Currently there are around 150 “lines”, and most of them are very short (e.g. “Log in” or “Add a request”). We are using Transifex, so the translation and approval process is easy and won’t require much effort from you. If all 150 lines are too much, you are welcome to translate as many as you can; even one line can make a difference. If the line was already translated by someone else, you can review it and leave a comment if you have another suggestion.
UPD: Here is the current status of the languages translation:
- German - 100%
- French - 100%
- Portuguese (Brazilian) - 100%
- Polish - 100%
- Dutch - 100%
- Italian - 100%
- Norwegian - 91%
- Spanish - 89%
If you need some other language and are ready to provide a translation, we will be happy to add it to the system.
If you are want to participate or have any questions, please contact me directly via firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll send you a meeting invite. Thanks everyone!
We've been working on quite a lot of improvements for both our iOS and Android apps. The most exciting one is a new board concept that we've introduced in our latest iOS release (v.3.6). The beta release of this board focuses on navigation, and includes the ability to swipe between columns. Lanes will always have visibility because they stick to the header. Quick Add and Drag-n-Drop are absent in the current realization, but we will be adding them soon.
If you want to share your expressions or fears about the new board concept, just let us know at email@example.com.
The enhancements below apply to both our Android and iOS applications, unless otherwise specified.
Relations list in entity details view
For those who need the possibility to look at items related to an entity, we've added a Relations list to the entity details view. Relations are divided into Inbound and Outbound lists.
If you're not sure why certain cards or lanes are not being displayed on a view, we’ve added the possibility to inspect view configuration. View setup is in read-only mode, but you can reset your personal Project and Team filter.
Quick Add from inner lists
Adding a new entity is now easier on our Android app, as you can add cards from the appropriate inner list. You don't have to search for Project or Team – they are preset from the parent entity.
Turn off notifications directly from the Android app
We've had some complaints about the inability to switch off notifications directly from the app. You can now do this by tapping the 'Mute' button that is located in the 'Notifications' tab.
Some other useful improvements include:
- Added new actions for comments: Reply to, Copy text, and Delete. Long-press on a comment and select what you need.
- Extended the Add tab in Android with all existing entity types.
- Added missing fields into the entity details view.
Click here to download the iOS app.
Click here to download the Android app.
We've started posting regular product tips to our social media accounts. Just search for #TargetprocessTips on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn to see some bite-sized advice on how to get the most of Targetprocess. Here’s what we’ve posted so far:
Placing a ‘+’ before keywords will yield only exact matches in search results. More on search.
- The search bar in the the left menu is used to find a specific view or folder. The search bar to the right of this is the global search; it is used to find entities throughout the system.
- Global search will not yield results for entities in inactive projects.
- When using global search, you can replace any letter in your keywords with a ‘?’ to include possible misspellings in the results.
You can set up WIP Limits for both horizontal and vertical lanes on boards by going to view setup → Limits. Read more here.
- When a WIP Limit is exceeded, the state column will be visibly highlighted in red.
- WIP Limits cannot be applied to the first (initial) state of a workflow.
On Timeline views, the global time period selector is found at the top of the view, while the local time selector is displayed at the bottom. If you're unfamiliar with Timelines, you can learn more about them here.
More on Timelines:
- Timelines are one of the 4 main types of views, along with Boards, Lists, and One-by-One views.
- You can right-click on a point in the Timeline to add planned start and end dates.
- Planned dates are shown with a dotted line, actual dates are shown with solid background, and forecasted time is shown with a semi-transparent background.
Prioritize cards on Board and List views by holding the 'Shift’ key and dragging selected cards to the desired position. If the system prevents your from applying prioritization, this guide article should explain why.
Working with cards from multiple views:
You can use the Selected Cards Panel to work with cards from multiple views at once.
- Since sharing this tip, we've released Batch Actions, which allows you to update multiple entities at once. However, please note that you can only apply Batch Actions to cards on a single view at once.
Admins can rename and customize workflows and states by going to Settings → Process Setup. Read more.
- Be careful when editing a process that is currently in use. If you remove states which are populated by entities, the entities will be moved to a different state.
Inline editing improvements
Two more fields are now available for inline editing in Lists: Owner, and Initial Estimate of Features and Epics.
Negative numbers are now supported in money fields and numerical Custom Fields.
Enabled searching by folders in the left menu
- If a conflict occurs with another user while editing a Description, the login and email of the other user will now be displayed in the conflict message.
- POP/IMAP plugin: a new requester won't be created if an active Targetprocess user with such an email already exists
- Project quick add enabled from views with a State or Process axis.
- When a User Story is reassigned to another Team, its related tasks will also move (if they have the same team assignment as the User Story).
- Fixed: Request terms from a default process will now apply to the Settings menu's 'Request Types'.
- Fixed 'Filter is incorrect' message if counts with predicates are included into DSL filters. For example: ?Assignments.Count(It.Role is 'Developer')>1
- Fixed multiple issues with VS2015 Add-In.
- Fixed hyperlinks and text selection in one-line comments.
- Fixed: Users that can add cards but do not have edit permissions can no longer assign other users to a card.
- Fixed markdown editor which decoded HTML in edit mode.
- Non-admin users with 'add' user permission can now add new users.
- Fixed: Custom Fields for a user disappeared from System Settings > Custom Fields list after any process soft delete.
- Fixed an installation error that would occur due to cache folder permissions.
- Fixed ridiculous error 'We can't see if application is loaded' while sharing a Board.
- Fixed a case where replies to a requester wouldn't work properly. Requester name will now be correctly displayed in email replies.
- Fixed a case where exporting to CSV would fail with an exception if any lane was filtered by a collection/count.
- Fixed image duplication in email notifications if a comment contained two different files with the same name.
- Fixed follow notifications. Follow Activity widget: prefix <!--markdown--> appeared if a comment was added from the markdown editor.
- Fixed a complex filter:'?assignedUser.where(it is me) and responsible is me'. This filter helps you to view cards assigned to the logged user which are in the state this user is responsible for.