Customizable legend colors
We're pleased to announce the possibility to assign custom colors for your categories with only a few clicks. Just drag the desired field to the color tab, and make your selection.
Autocomplete for chart calculations
We've improved autocomplete for calculations, and added visible explanations to note what's incorrect about invalid calculations. Please note, this is not implemented for Targetprocess formulas.
Usability improvements for reports inside dashboards
Dashboard Reports can now be opened in a popup, rather than opening them in a new browser tab. You can browse source data, update reports, and export data right from the popup.
We really appreciate your feedback on our Visual Reports Editor. What do you like about it? What could be improved? Let us know what you think at email@example.com
More sorting options in View Setup
We've added several more useful fields for sorting in View Setup: State, Last Commented Date, Modified Date, Progress, ID, parent entity (Epic for Features, User Story for Task, etc.).
Recent assignments improvements
We've made some improvements to the Assignments section:
- The 'Assign to Me' button has been removed. 'Me' is shown first instead
- User searches in the Assignments section will now also show a 'Recent' group (in addition to the standard Role groups)
- The number of recent assignments has been increased from 3 to 5
- Recent assignments will now work across all browsers and devices
Inline editing for Test Case Run results
When executing a Test Plan Run, you'll no longer need to open every Test Case Run to set its Run Result. This field can now be conveniently edited from the Test Runs tab of a Test Plan Run entity.
Relations on Boards, Lists and Timelines
To help you with planning, we've made it possible to show dependencies directly on views. This functionality is similar to our Show Relations mashup, but also includes support for inline editing on Lists, drag-n-drop, and (most importantly) Timelines. The new solution is available out of the box; there’s no need to install or configure anything extra, beyond updating to this release for On-Demand accounts. On-Premise customers should perform this quick update procedure
For our next step, we're considering making it possible to draw new relations right on the view. Please, upvote the corresponding idea if you think it would be useful.
Visual Reports: new Chart Data tab and Clone option in Actions list
We've added one more tab to the Browse Data pop-up: a Chart Data tab. Here you can find aggregated data from your configured chart. It can be selected from either the Actions menu → Browse data, or by clicking the 'Browse and Filter' button in the report editor.
There's one more piece of good news: We've moved the 'Clone report' option to the Actions list. Cloning a report in previous versions was admittedly a bit clumsy. You had to initiate creation of a new report, go to the Existing reports tab, and find the necessary report there. Now you can just open a report from the left menu and select the 'Clone report' option in the Actions menu.
You can find more details about these new report features here.
- Search would will no longer sometimes fail when the search includes a long number
- Searching for converted entities by their old ID temporarily stopped working — it's fixed now
- Cards will no longer drop to the last position after being modified on a one-by-one view sorted by any property other than Rank
- Prioritizing cards with drag-n-drop will no longer fail if items are sorted by Rank in descending order
- Filtering for Projects by Programs will no longer break on Boards/Lists with Outbound Relations as cards
- Fixed a case where users would redirected to another view without an alert when trying to open a view without proper permissions
- Avatars of mentioned people will no longer be shown at the bottom when clicking 'View Full Size' for an image
- Replaced the tooltip for the Effort unit in Lists with a more suitable one
- Made it possible to finish an Iteration using Split when an incomplete entity has a deleted user assigned
- When a Feature is moved to another Project, its Bugs will be moved as well
- Our live updates connection icon will no longer cause high CPU usage in Chrome
- Visual Reports' Export and Print actions were temporarily inaccessible for users who were neither an admin, nor a report owner
- A Visual Report in Setup mode can now be moved to a Folder without a refresh
- Visual Reports: fixed incorrect encoding for exported to CSV Chart data when file is opened in Excel
- Visual Reports: fixed a missing time stamp for dates when data is exported to CSV
- Visual Report: fixed missing zero values on the Source Data tab
Happy belated New Year to all of our users, friends, and family. If you missed our holiday video, make sure to check it out at targetprocess.com/you-rock/ 🎸
Our latest release allows you to create dynamic annotations in our Visual Reports Editor. You can also use a subset of numeric calculations when creating annotations with in-chart data. We have added the Process Control by Lead and Cycle templates to demonstrate how this can be used.
The following math and statistical functions are available for numeric annotations:
Returns the sum of a series of numbers.
Returns the average of a series of numbers.
Returns the minimum of a series of numbers.
Returns the maximum of a series of numbers.
Returns the number in the middle of a set of numbers.
Estimates standard deviation based on a sample. The standard deviation is a measure of how widely values are dispersed from the average value (the mean).
Chart Data Tab
Aggregations of chart data results are now available via the Chart Data tab. This tab is accessible through view and edit mode. We've also added the ability to export chart data to a CSV from this tab.
The "Clone" action has also been added to the Visual Reports actions menu. Please note: This means the tab "Create a report from existing reports" is deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
Visual Report Editor Improvements
Drag and drop of fields has been improved. We've also made it possible to change the order of fields in an axis.