User stories will now follow their parent Feature
Previously, if you moved a Feature to another Project, its User Stories did not follow the Feature to the new Project. This was fairly counter-intuitive. Starting with this release, if you move a Feature to a different Project, all of its User Stories will follow (as long as they were originally in the same Project as their parent Feature).
If you move a Feature to a Project with a different process, you will get a warning that this change might cause you to lose some custom fields.
Private Impediments have been removed
As described in this blogpost, we're removing this barely-used feature to improve performance and reduce complexity. Feel free to message our support team if you have any questions.
- Corrected the @user mention format for email notifications
- Fixed the creation of a Test Plan with multiple Test Cases via REST API POST
- The order of mandatory custom fields in Quick Add forms will now correspond to their order in entity views
- Fixed a case where it was not possible unlink a Bug from a Test Case Run if its Test Plan Run is the child of another Test Plan Run
- Improved the performance of Relations lookup
- Fixed an incorrect term: When completing Team Iterations, the system would incorrectly describe them as Iterations.
Restore deleted projects or users
You can now easily "undelete" Projects and Users from the "Deleted items" menu in Settings. Previously, it was not possible to restore deleted Projects and Users without using the API.
Please find more info in the guide.
Visual Reports Improved
We recently made some nice improvements to the Visual Reports Editor. Read about them at this dedicated blogpost.
We really appreciate your feedback on our reports editor. What do you like about it? What could be improved? Let us know what you think at email@example.com
- Fixed incorrect effort calculation in Burn Down charts when a Feature is removed
- Added support for decimal values in custom fields on the Timesheet
- Fixed: Contributors could not create Releases for Projects that they were not a member of
- Fixed an exception that would occur when Test Plans and Test Cases on the same Board had different tags
- Deleted Users will now have a strikeout through their name if someone tries to @mention them in comments
- Processes are now sorted alphabetically in the Quick Add menu
- Fixed an exception ('Oops...Something's wrong') that would occur when adding an 'Effort' custom unit to cards in a Person/State view
- Fixed an inability to delete a Process that is used by deleted Projects
'Expand All' in List views
You can now expand and collapse all of the first and second List hierarchy levels. If you hold Ctrl (Cmd) and click '>' then cards from both levels will be expanded. This works for the first two hierarchy levels of a List view and doesn't affect the third level of cards in terms of List setup.
Permissions to create users through the API for non-admins
Previously, only admin users could post Rest API requests to create and delete users. Now, non-admin users with 'add user' / 'delete user' permissions can create/delete users via API calls.
Add and edit permissions separated for user roles
Starting with v.3.11.1, user roles have separate permissions for adding and editing.
Request email notifications settings updated with "Requesters" check-box
You can set up a 'Request' workflow so that requesters get email notifications every time a specific event event occurs.
Visual Encoding improvements
It’s possible to create a predefined set of global Visual Encoding rules that can be applied to all views and all users. To do this, simply select the corresponding checkbox in the Visual Encoding tab and add the global rules that you want applied to every view in the system:
This setting can only be managed by Administrators; other users can see it in read-only mode.
- Visual studio add-in supports VS2015 now
- It wasn't possible to delete a test plan if it had test cases that were run already
- Fixed occasional improper results when searching by ID in a Relations tab
- Fixed Project-Team assigments for Observer users according to their permissions.
- Obsolete Tp.v2 option 'Show in lists/enable for filtering' removed from custom fields setup
- Fixed User Story progress calculation when converting a Task with time records into a User Story
We've done some housekeeping over the last few months. As a result, the Targetprocess Settings page has a new look and feel. We hope we've made it more pleasant to work with.
As before, you can reach Settings by clicking the gear icon at the top right corner.
We've regrouped all settings into logical sections to make it easier to quickly find the options you need. You may need some time to get used to new grouping, but it makes much more sense arranged this way.
We have completely reworked the Tags section. You can read more about this here. We've also removed the Team section from Settings, as it's more easier to assign multiple users to Projects and Teams right from the Project or Team view. You can read more about this here.
Regular users have access to Import and the Diagnostic and Logs section. Admin users will see the following groups:
Multiple final project states
There used to be no easy way to find out if a closed bug was rejected or fixed.
You can now use multiple final project states for this. For example, let's say I want to set a new kind of resolution for a Bug or Request. I would go to Process Setup > Bug Workflow, set up Rejected and Duplicate bug states, mark them as final, and set the Completed state as the default final state. All 3 states have the semantic of a “final” state — cards in this state will be grayed out, end dates will be set automatically when the entity moves to these states, and filters with 'IsFinal' will be applied.
Multiple final states are not supported if you use Team Workflows.
Mention Teams in comments
When you start typing several symbols after an '@' symbol, you will now not only see a list of users, but also a list of teams above the users. If you mention a team, then all its members receive an email notification. In the comment, the mentioned Team (or User) becomes a link to the Team's (or User's) view.
Shortcut 'alt+click' opens next view with the current Project/Team selection applied
This is a solution that will be helpful for anyone who uses the same set of boards for different Teams or Projects. You can now set your Projects and Teams selection just once and navigate through several views with that selection.
To make such scenarios work, you can do the following: Select the Projects and Teams you wish to see using the selector at the top of the view. To open another view using the selection you just applied, you can hold the ‘Alt’ key and click on the new view in the left menu. For more details, visit this post.
Project/Team selector added to Process Control, Cycle Time Distribution, Relations Network charts
You will no longer have to set the proper Project or Team before you go into Reports, or have to close a Report to reach the context menu. Now you have a Team/Project selector right in Report Settings.
Cumulative Flow and Burn Down charts:
You can now easily change the selected Project using a dropdown list.
Project board now shows active and inactive projects in different shades
Inactive project cards are now slightly greyed out, as disabled elements usually look like. Hover your mouse over the card to see its details pop-up; all of these units will be greyed out as well.
CSV import Features
We've improved CSV import a bit. Now when you import a batch of Features, you can map them to a parent Epic so that they get to the right place in your work hierarchy.
Cards and Axes sorting order unified
We groomed sorting inconsistency a bit. Earlier, Release lanes were sorted by Creation Date while Release cards were sorted by Project. That was a bit weird, so now cards or lanes of the same entity type have a unified sorting order - Releases are sorted by Start Date.
Service Desk Widget in Targetprocess
We migrated from UserVoice to our very own Service Desk and updated the 'Contact Us' widget. Now you can post your issues and ideas right from the widget and navigate easily to our Service Desk portal.
- You can now send images and attachments in comments with email notifications
- Fixed DSL filters to find items with attachments. The following filters will now work: '?attachments.count>0' and '?Attachments.Where(Name is 'log.txt')'
- Timesheet: time improperly associated a NULL role if added by a user whose role was not responsible for that entity
- Fixed possible effort inconsistency when applying metric results
- Fixed comment losses which occurred if the 'Source' button was clicked twice.
- Timesheet: Fixed transfers to states which require a comment
- Fixed Team state transfer for non-admin users, which failed if Team states were mapped to the last Project state.
- Fixed cache for List views to support complex filters by custom fields
- Fixed effort recalculation for a User Stories if their Tasks are removed or moved to/from another User Story
- Fixed Dashboard TODO widget: filter by entity type apply on first load only
- Fixed Epic > Feature > User Story List views which showed only 25 items and no 'show more' link
- Fixed Requests and Test Plan Run effort units in a List view to be consistent with the entity views
- Fixed improper Initial estimate field population with an Effort value when User Story copies to a new Project
- Fixed export to CSV so that it takes the axes filter into account
- Added the ability to filter entities by a 'None' option in a Multiple selection field ('?MultipleSelectionCustomField is None)
- Fixed Quick Add failures if there are no teams in the system yet
- Fixed mixed Test Plans/Test Cases lists sorting by Business Value column
- Non-required dropdown custom fields which do not have a default value could be saved with an empty value now
- 'Last Run date' unit gets back
- Fixed 'Add & Open' button in quick add in the new inner lists and Relations
- Improved performance of hierarchical test plan run creation
- Fixed a calculated custom field creation error in case its formula uses another custom field but with the same name
- Corrected the error message for an unsuccessful attempt to attach a file that's too large
- Fixed reply comments that could not be deleted if their parent comment was deleted first
- SMTP password length limit expanded
- Fixed Time add from a list in the 'Work Hierarchy' tab
- Fixed Tabular Report 'Assigned Effort' to show names properly (when there are multiple users assigned under the same role)
- Fixed CSV export: checkbox custom field 'false' value used to export as 'null'
- Fixed occasional failure to save Description changes which would sometimes occur even when only one user edited it
- Fixed issue with renaming tags