As the 3.1.0 numbering suggests, this is a major release, with Customize Cards going to production, improved beta Lists and Timelines, and other updates.
This feature is out of beta now: one can customize the looks and size of cards in Targetprocess 3. To customize a card, open Customize Cards tab in View Settings pane. The cards can be configured to appear smaller, or larger, or to include more or less units. A card unit is an element that has some information about the entity represented by this card. For example, a user story card may include such units as: points, owner, last commented. The sizes are listed on the left, the card under construction is shown in the center, the units are shown on the right.
Use drag-n-drop to build the card the way you need. If you can't remember if a unit is available for a card, use search. Type in a name of a unit, and a selection of shortlisted matches will be shown. For more details, refer to the Customize Cards step-by-step guide . The complete list of cards and their units will be available shortly in targetprocess 3 Help.
Any card comes with a tooltip showing how the card will look if customized to the L-size:
"Views" instead of "Boards"
We now refer to "boards" as "views" . Targetrpocess 3 has these views available:
Board view, List view, Timeline view, Details view
Actions menu in Views: Remove, Clone, etc.
One can clone a view, save it as a template, or remove it from the Actions menu, no matter if the Settings pane is opened or closed.
Top Filter Redesigned
Another UI improvement: the top filter field expands from the compact view only while editing, and is marked with yellow when a filter is applied. Otherwise, it stays white.
Multi-teams: Project/Team auto-assign option
Assigning new people to Teams and Projects has become easier. With 'Auto-assign new people' checkbox marked in Projects tab, all new people added to a team will be automatically added to this project.
Inline Edit in Lists
Inline Edit is available in Lists now. There's no need to switch to Details view from List view, if one wants to update:
- Team Iteration
- Feature for User Story
Drag-n-Drop in Timelines
One can now update Planned Start Date and Planned End Date in a timeline with drag-n-drop:
- Drag the left timeline border to update Planned Start Date
- Drag the right timeline border to update Planned End Date
- Drag the whole timeline to update both the dates (duration won't change)
As a reminder, one can also use drag-n-drop in a timeline backlog to change the timeline's priority. For that, a view for User Stories with Priority set as a lane is required, and the priority can be changed by dragging a card from one lane to another. Cards within one lane can be prioritized by drag-n-drop, respecting settings in Prioritize tab.
- Relations tab: filters optimized for working with more than 50 relations
- Relations Network: wrong type of relations b/n cards shown if certain filters are applied
- What's New handled incorrectly if server has no connection to the Internet
- Scrolling doesn't work for a list of views in a certain case
- Relations Network chart: a wrong set of selected cards is shown, when returning back to the chart after having opened a view from there
- #53000 Add tasks and bugs: the field clears, when an update is not yet saved, and focus leaves the input field
- #75899 When I click the Quick Add button and popup opens, the button should look like pressed
You can subscribe to our monthly newsletter here:
Сheck out latest blog posts:
Or start your
We’ve sent you a confirmation e-mail — please, go check it.
Get a live
Let one of our product specialists shape Targetprocess for your company needs.