Important Notice for On-Site Customers: mashup store change
If you added your mashups using the Mashup Manager inside TP, you shouldn't notice any differences. However, if some mashups had been put directly to the
Merge Duplicate Bugs or Requests
In v.3.7.2 we introduced a new Relations type called ‘Duplicate’. When on an entity view and you select any other entity to be added as a duplicate, it appears in the Outbound Relations section.
Starting with v.3.7.7 you can now merge duplicate Requests or Bugs. You’ll notice a ‘Duplicate' list on the view, directly below the entity state. When you click the ‘Merge’ button a few things happen. First, attachments from any duplicates that are not in the final state are added to the primary entity and then any descriptions and comments will be copied as a comment tree to the primary entity. Finally, all the duplicates will then be moved to their final state, be tagged 'merged' and a comment with a link to a primary entity will be added. If you merge Requests, then all unique requester names will be added to a primary entity.
Import Assigned Team
Now if you use CSV import for adding new or updating existing Targetprocess entities then assigned Team is taken into account. It means you may do a batch update of a Team for a set of entities.
- Fixed: Comet update event (if out-of-proc) refers to a Comet server instead of a TP application server
- Fixed: Time records absent if a Role is not set for at least one time record
- Fixed: unable to add a new tab to the Requester view
- Fixed: top quick add context is not updated if current context is changed from the top team/project selector
- Fixed comet exception "Only ITestRunItemDto instances are allowed here"
- Fixed: invalid slice definition exception if visual encoding rule is applied and all cards are deselected in board settings
- Fixed: The Visual Encoding tab for View Setup is broken in IE10