Salut! Hallo! ¡Hola! Olá! Hello! Всем привет!
We’re excited to announce that Targetprocess will now include localization for our most requested languages. You can now use Targetprocess in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese (the Brazilian variety), and Russian.
This feature has taken some time to implement because we had to go through our entire source code to remove hard-coded strings and substitute them with a reference to the files containing translations. This important one-time activity is complete, so future languages will be easy to add.
Translations for the 5 new languages have been provided by native speakers via Alconost.com. We use Transifex, a localization platform, to implement the translated text. We want to thank these two great services for making the process a breeze.
To implement localization for your Targetprocess account:
Go to “My Profile” (by clicking on your portrait in the upper right hand corner), then select the “Account Settings” tab and adjust your language accordingly. Click “Update Settings” to finalize the change.
Go to your profile….
....and select your preferred language in Account Settings
Don’t forget to click “Update Settings” to apply the translation!
Some important things to keep in mind:
- Localization is applied per user, so you can now have an international team that uses Targetprocess in several languages
- We still only provide product support in English and Russian
- New features will be localized as they are implemented, but the translation may come slightly later than the feature
- We implement languages according to user demand. If immediate implementation of a certain language is critical for your team but not widely requested, then there may be a translation fee
- To request a new language, contact your product specialist or our sales team
- New translations will take approximately 3-4 weeks to implement
A list of items that will not be translated with localization:
- Our user guide
- The administrator’s user interface
- Custom fields and custom terminology (although we provide translation for default terms)
- Targetprocess videos
- Email templates (things like email notifications for tasks)
- Date and time formats
If you have any questions or comments about localization, please drop us a line! We eagerly welcome your feedback on any mistakes, typos, incorrect translations, or suggestions for better translations. You can reach us at L10N@targetprocess.com.
For feedback on specific items, please specify the existing translation, your suggestion, the place where this string appears, and (if possible) a screenshot of the message. This will help us to correct the error faster. Please note that the messages may be complex (dynamically composed of several parts) so your correction may not always be applicable.
Have a good day everyone! Bonne journée! ¡Tenga un buen día! Xорошего дня! Tenha um bom dia! Schönen tag noch!
Notitia linguarum est prima porta sapientiae.
Knowledge of languages is the doorway to wisdom.
- Roger Bacon
Subscribe to the latest updates
Сheck out latest blog posts: Show all
a sales representative
Get a live
Let one of our product specialists create your account
and shape Targetprocess for your company needs.