The ATP (Apptio Targetprocess) – ADM (Automated Data Management) integration helps the customers to exchange data between Targetprocess and other Apptio products, such as Apptio One, via ADM data sharing.
Users have options to import the data to ATP from ADM storage. The solution enables importing complex data containing relations between entities, dependencies, assignments, create and update existing data. Users have options to export data from ATP to a local file or to ADM directly. The contents of export are specified via flexible query language.
How to enable CSV Import/Export for Apptio Targetprocess - Automated Data Management integration on your account
- Prerequisites to enable the feature on your account:
- the access to the account via Frondoor application
- the account is hosted on AWS clusters
- the following toggles are turned on:
csvImportExport - to enable the CSV import/export with the local CSV file
csvImportExport:ADMIntegration - to enable the CSV import/export via Automated Data Management (ADM).
- If all the necessary prerequisites are in place, ensure that Apptio Targetprocess and Automated Data Management are in the same Frontdoor environment:
- When provisioning happens (setting up two systems in one FD environment), file a Task ticket in JIRA under the DOS project with details on the FD environment and region. It'll be handled within 1 business day.
Export data to CSV file or ADM
The export option is found in Setting>>Integration on the left navigation in the connection section. Note: you need Admin rights to access this section.
- Select the existing CSV export profile to edit or select + to create a new one. You can change the name of the Integration profile.
- Type in the data set name and query which contains all the data you want to export. The dataset name will be assigned to the results of the export query in ADM. See ATP API documentation to learn more about all the data needed to create the query.
- Choose the delimiter from the dropdown list and choose whether you want to download a CSV file or sync data with ADM.
Import CSV file
Import option is found in Settings>>Integration on the left navigation in the connection section.
Note: you need Admin rights to access this section.
- Click existing CSV import profile to edit or click + Add to create new one. Once new profile is created you should change the profile name.
Import CSV file from local storage to ATP
- Choose delimiter (must be the same as in the imported CSV file), date format and source: Local CSV file. The available date formats are displayed in the dropdown list. Maximum uploaded file size is 15MB.
- Select Save.
- File is uploaded. Now, go to Mappings (left menu) and fill the field with JSON file. When the JSON mapping is ready, select Import to import data to ATP.
Import CSV file from ADM to ATP
- Choose delimiter (must be the same as in the imported CSV file), date format and source (ADM Dataset). Select the dataset you want to import from the dropdown list named ADM dataset. The maximum file size is 15MB.
- To check the content of the chosen dataset, select the arrow on the right side of the dropdown list. The file with data will be downloaded to your local storage.
- Select Save.
- Now, go to Mappings(left menu) and fill the field with JSON file. When the JSON mapping is ready, select Import to import data to ATP.
- Select Stop Import.Note: Canceling import will result in importing all the batches of records that were processed by the system until the moment of selecting the button. Information about the processed rows is available in the logs section. Resuming the import of the same CSV file is not possible for now.
Import/Export failed: Zero or only part of the data is processed
Import/Export completed: All the data (records) is read and processed by the system. However, it does not mean that all of them are imported/exported, since the system can ignore some records. You can check the details in the logs. Not imported/exported data is listed as Warnings.