How to set up Email Notifications on various events
- Email integrations
- Notifications and Following
- How to configure Google OAuth for Email Integration Plugin
- Inbound Email Integration via Plugin
- Why do I get “Not creating request” message in email plugin log?
- How to set up Inbound Email Integration
- Follow Entities
- How to setup auto reply to requesters
Email notifications in Targetprocess are flexible and can be customized.
Events that you can define and set up automatic notifications for are the following:
- Entity state changes
- Comments added to entities
- New entities added
- People assigned to entities
- Attachments are uploaded to entities
All notification settings are applied to all project members together. They are configured by Administrators or Process Admin. There are no individual settings that users could control on their end so far. However, users can Follow entities manually in order to receive notifications about recent changes.
To enable email notifications for various events in Targetprocess, you must first enable notifications. For on-premise installations you must also configure an SMTP server properly.
Events that are always enabled by default and cannot be disabled include:
- User account added
- Forgotten passwords
- Comments added events (manually selected checkboxes)
- @mention notifications
- Follow notifications
The settings are customized per process.
Settings can be modified by Administrators and Process Admins.
To customize who will receive emails on the configurable events, edit the settings for your Process. Navigate to Settings → Process Setup → [Your process] → Notifications. From this screen, you can customize the various events by selecting the appropriate entity type and tab.
- The ChangeState tab holds settings for notifications when entities change states. Refer to the article on setting up state change notifications for more information.
- The Add, Assign, and AddComment tabs hold settings for when entities are added or assigned, and when comments are added (respectively).
To enable a notification e-mail for any of these states, simply check the box next to the Role or person that you want to receive the notification.
Selecting any of the system Roles will send a notification to all members of that particular Role in the appropriate project. For example, selecting Developer will notify all project members whose project role is Developer.
Along with all of your defined Roles, there are also three special options listed here: Owner, Project Member, and Assigned User. By selecting Owner or Assigned User, the owner of the entity or all the users assigned to the entity will receive a notification. Selecting Project Member will trigger a notification to every member of that project, regardless of their role.
a sales representative
Get a live
Let one of our product specialists create your account
and shape Targetprocess for your company needs.