Brief summary of this article:
- Forecast Line based on Effort To Do
- Forecast Line based on Velocity
You can forecast the team completion date of all the Sprint's work using new VELOCITY_FORECAST calculations in Burn Down/Up charts!
Forecast Line based on Effort To Do
To perform this, you first need to add a new Annotation Line to the Effort To Do and include a start point, a goal value and a velocity per day,
VELOCITY_FORECAST(FIRST([Effort To Do]), 0, 10)
- start point: FIRST/LAST aggregation that specifies a point on the chart to start forecast from.
- goal value: Aggregation or number which set end of forecast.
- velocity per day: A number greater than 0 which shows daily velocity.
Note : velocity per day is the number here, not calculation
Knowing your team's average daily velocity, you can even draw Optimistic and Pessimistic Forecasts on the chart.
We have added the ability to include a Forecast Line based on Velocity. It helps your team to understand when a particular amount of work will be done.
VELOCITY_FORECAST(start point, goal value, velocity per day)
You can also have a look at this document for knowing about Velocity Forecast. https://plan.tpondemand.com/vizydrop/api/v1/docs/annotations/velocity_forecast/
For example, if you have a Burn Up chart over your current Team Iteration, making a forecast based on Team Velocity requires an annotation like this:
VELOCITY_FORECAST( LAST([Effort Completed]), LAST([Effort To Do]), 5 )
- LAST([Effort Completed]) - point which annotation should start from
- LAST([Effort To Do]) - goal value to be achieved in the forecast
- 5 - average daily team velocity
You can also add a forecast based on MIN and MAX Velocity in the same way.