How to switch the language or adjust to a new domain?
Even though there is no way to switch Targetprocess to a new domain with one button click, you can still adjust it manually with the help of the following features.
Targetprocess is now localized for 6 different languages! We’re excited to announce that Targetprocess will now include localization for our most requested languages. You can now use Targetprocess in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese (the Brazilian variety), and Russian.
This feature has taken some time to implement because we had to go through our entire source code to remove hard-coded strings and substitute them with a reference to the files containing translations. This important one-time activity is complete, so future languages will be easy to add.
Translations for the 5 new languages have been provided by native speakers via Alconost.com. We use Transifex, a localization platform, to implement the translated text. We want to thank these two great services for making the process a breeze.
To implement localization for your Targetprocess account:
Go to “My Profile” (by clicking on your portrait in the upper right hand corner), then select the “Account Settings” tab and adjust your language accordingly. Click “Update Settings” to finalize the change.
Go to your profile….
....and select your preferred language in Account Settings.
Don’t forget to click “Update Settings” to apply the translation!
Some important things to keep in mind:
- Localization is applied per user, so you can now have an international team that uses Targetprocess in several languages
- We still only provide product support in English and Russian
- New features will be localized as they are implemented, but the translation may come slightly later than the feature
- We implement languages according to user demand. If immediate implementation of a certain language is critical for your team but not widely requested, then there may be a translation fee
- To request a new language, contact your product specialist or our sales team
- New translations will take approximately 3-4 weeks to implement
A list of items that will not be translated with localization:
- Our user guide
- The administrator’s user interface
- Custom fields and custom terminology (although we provide translation for default terms)
- The Solution Gallery
- Targetprocess videos
- Email templates (things like email notifications for tasks)
- Date and time formats
If you have any questions or comments about localization, please drop us a line! We eagerly welcome your feedback on any mistakes, typos, incorrect translations, or suggestions for better translations. You can reach us at L10N@targetprocess.com.
For feedback on specific items, please specify the existing translation, your suggestion, the place where this string appears, and (if possible) a screenshot of the message. This will help us to correct the error faster. Please note that the messages may be complex (dynamically composed of several parts) so your correction may not always be applicable.
Most of the entity types can be renamed at Process Settings:
All the roles in assignment section are configurable as well:
If you need to have some specific fields on top of the default ones, feel free to add them:
Localization for Service Desk
Service Desk is now fully translated to 10 languages, all thanks to a number of awesome people who volunteered to contribute to the translation process. This is really impressive, as we did not have the chance to hire translation agencies for this feature. Such support from the community is really appreciated and makes us feel that maybe we did one or two things right.
The following languages are now available:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
There is a global, default language which be set at Service Desk options by an admin, but users can select the one they individually prefer in their personal settings. This will be useful if you have people working in different locations.
Still have a question?
We're here to help! Just contact our friendly support team