Permissions for Access to Time Entries
Access permissions to Time entries in Targetprocess are configured separately from the ones related to work items.
In the settings of each Role there are checkboxes related to permissions to Add / Edit / Delete Time entries.
To be able to add time entries to a work item regular users should have Add Time permission in a Role under which they are listed as members of Project or Team the work item is assigned to.
Access permissions for Time entries are independent from permissions for access to work items. Users with Edit access to a work item are not able to submit Time spent records to it when they do not have Add Time permission. And vice versa the users with Add Time permission can submit Time spent records even when they do not have Edit permissions for a work item.
Any user is always allowed to edit and delete own Time records. Edit, Delete access permissions for Time entries give users an ability to modify records submitted by other users.
The following settings may affect access permissions to Time records:
- Type of user account: User / Observer / Contributor / Administrator
- Presence or absence of a user in the membership (People) lists of Projects and Teams
- Selected Role for a user in Projects and Teams
- Selected Default Role for a user
- Permission settings set per Roles
- Ownership of Time records
- Enabled Practices in the settings of the Process of the Project
Internal checks whether permission for an action with a Time record is permitted or prohibited for a user are performed within the rules similar to the ones applied to other work items.
Still have a question?
We're here to help! Just contact our friendly support team