Administrators have unlimited access to all data and settings in Targetprocess. Administrator access level is a setting of a user account in the system.
Administrators are one of the user types in Targetprocess. Other possible types include User, Observer, and Contributor. More on this: User Types.
Other available user types are User, Observer and Contributor.
What permissions Administrators have by default:
- Manage People accounts, access levels and permissions of users
- Review license details, activate and deactivate user licenses
- View all projects and teams and all entities in them
- Add, Edit, Delete any entities in Targetprocess despite of permissions of project and team role
- Control membership of users in projects and teams
- Add, Edit, Delete public views, public view filters, templates of views, folders with views, dashboards
- Add, Edit, Delete public reports: visual reports and tabular reports
- Customize Processes: Workflows, Custom Fields, Practices, Terms, Notifications and other settings
- Control Custom Rules, Metrics, Authentication and Security and other settings
- Configure Plugins
- Manage Mashups
- Configure Service Desk
- Remove Sample Data
What permissions Administrators do not have by default:
- See timesheets of other users. Permissions of Role in project or team are applied for this purpose
- Manage Access Tokens set within user interface of other users
- See private views of other users in the views list. The views can be accessed only by direct links
- See privately saved filters for views
- Manage private tabular reports of other users
- See private Impediments of other users
- See lists of Shared Views for other users
Administrators cannot force some settings to all users globally. Instead, the settings are saved per each user privately. Examples of these settings are:
- Default view (view that is opened by default after login)
- Current size (scale) of cards, width of columns, focused lanes selections, outer filters on board views
- Currently applied sorting by column values, state of collapsed or expanded hierarchy lanes in lists
It is possible to see whether a person is an Administrator or not on his or her detailed view, on Account Settings tab. How to access it: Personal Account Settings
The first account is granted with Administrator permissions by default. Further these permissions can be transferred to any other user.
Users without Admininstrator rights cannot add themselves to Administrators list.
Still have a question?
We're here to help! Just contact our friendly support team