The solution introduces new entities – Weeks and Days, representing calendar Weeks and Days respectively.
Solution Installation and Configuration
- Install the solution from the Solution Library
- Go to Settings -> Automation Rules -> Enable and Open "Generate Weeks" rule. There are the following parameters set by default:
- "amount": 4
- "weekStartDate": 1,
- "generatePastYears": false
The parameter defines how many future weeks will be generated.
- If the "amount = 0", only the current week will be generated
- If the "amount = 1", the current and 1 future weeks will be generated
- If the "amount = N", the current and N future weeks will be generated
It's better to create more Weeks ahead, so you have enough to process future Time Records generated by Timesheets solution.
Define weekStartDay parameter to identify which day the Week begins. Numbers from 1 to 7 are allowed. 1- Mon...7-Sun.
The parameter enable generating weeks in the past. It's needed when past data need to be imported and processed – connected to past weeks and days. It allows to generate the same number of weeks in the past, as defined in the amount parameter of the rule.
- If the "generatePastWeeks = true", it will additionally generate the number of weeks in the past as defined in the amount parameter
- If the "generatePastWeeks = false", then no past weeks will be generated
Note: It's better to generate Weeks and Days in the past when you trigger the rule first time, so you have some available periods to process the data in the past
Click Save and Trigger now button.
As a result the defined number of weeks and days will be generated. The Is Current checkbox will show the current Week and Day. It can be used in the other solutions, based on Weeks and Days, for easier access to the current period information.
Note: The rule will run automatically in the background and generate more future Weeks and Days to always match the number defines in the amount parameter.