The solution introduces new entities – Years, Quarters and Months, representing calendar or fiscal Years, Quarters, and Months, respectively. These entities are required for the solutions related to planning people's availability and capacity, managing budgets, and tracking costs.
1. Install the solution from the Solution Library
2. Configure Parameters and Generate Years, Quarters and Months
Go to Settings -> Automation Rules -> Enable and Open "Generate Years, Quarters, Months" rule. There are the following parameters available with the default settings:
- "amount": 1
- "yearStartMonth": 1,
- "fiscalYearShift": false,
- "generatePastYears": false
The parameter defines how many future years (with their quarters and months) will be generated.
- If the "amount = 0", only the current year will be generated
- If the "amount = 1", the current and 1 future years will be generated
- If the "amount = N", the current and N future years will be generated
The parameter enable generating years in the past. It's needed when past data need to be imported and processed – connected to past years, quarters or months. It allows to generate the same number of years in the past, as defined in the amount parameter of the rule.
- If the "generatePastYears = true", it will additionally generate the number of years in the past as defined in the amount parameter
- If the "generatePastYears = false", then no past years will be generated
Click Save and Trigger now button.
As a result the defined number of years, quarters and months will be generated. The Is Current checkbox will show the current Year, Quarter and Month. It can be used in the other solutions, based on Years, Quarters and Months, for easier access to the current period information.
If you use Fiscal Years and Quarters instead of the calendar ones, use the yearStartMonth and fiscalYearShift parameters.
Define yearStartMonth parameter to identify which month the Fiscal Year begins. Numbers from 1 to 12 are allowed. 1- JAN...12-DEC.
Set fiscalYearShift parameter to true in case the fiscal year starts earlier than a calendar year. E.g. Fiscal 2024 begins at 2023.
Note 1: The rule will run automatically in the background and generate more future Years, Quarters and Months to always match the number defined in the amount parameter.
Note 2: The solution installs Year Period, Quarter Period and Month Period terms by default. You can rename them to Years, Quarters and Months in Settings -> Processes -> select Process -> Terms.
The solution can be enabled from Solution Library. Please contact our Support Team to enable it on your account, if it's not available yet.