The solution introduces new entities – Years, Quarters, Months, Weeks and Days, representing calendar or fiscal Years, Quarters, and Months as well as calendar Weeks and Days respectively. These entities are required for the solutions related to planning people's availability and capacity, managing budgets, and tracking costs.
1. Install the solution from the Solution Library.
2. Configure Parameters and generate Years, Quarters, Months, Weeks and Days.
There are the following parameters to be configured in the solution
- weekStartDay: which Day the Week begins (Monday by default)
- futureYears: defines how many Future Years you'd like to have generated
- pastYears: defines how many Past Years you'd like to have generated
- yearStartMonth: defines which Month a Fiscal Year in your company starts from
- fiscalYearShift: used if Fiscal Year starts in previous Calendar Year (e.g. Fiscal 2024 can start at September 2023).
- Go to Settings -> Automation Rules
- Open Generate Weeks automation rule
- Click Raw JSON View
- Adjust weekStartDay parameter: set which Day the Week begins (set to Monday by default). Numbers from 1 to 7 are allowed: 1 - Monday, ... 7 - Sunday.
- Click Save button
futureYears, pastYears, yearStartMonth
- Open Generate Years, Quarters, Months automation rule
- Click Raw JSON View
- Adjust the following parameters:
- futureYears: defines how many Future Years (with their Quarters, Months, Weeks and Days) will be generated in addition to Current Year. Current Year will always be generated.
- pastYears: defines how many Past Years (with their Quarters, Months, Weeks and Days) will be generated in addition to current year.
- yearStartMonth: defines which Month the Fiscal Year begins (if you use Fiscal Years). Numbers from 1 to 12 are allowed: 1 - January, ... 12 - December. If yearStartMonth is not "1", YearPeriod entities will have "FY" prefix at the name - e.g. "FY 2023" instead of "2023".
- fiscalYearShift: set it to true if the fiscal year starts earlier than a calendar year: e.g., fiscal year 2024 begins in calendar year 2023.
- Click Save and Trigger now button to start Periods generation.
As a result, the defined number of Years (with its Quarters, Months, Weeks and Days) will be generated.
The Is Current checkbox will show the current Year, Quarter, and Month. It can be used in the other solutions, based on Years, Quarters, and Months, for easier access to the current period information.
Note 1: The rules will run automatically in the background and generate more future Years (+ Quarters, Months, Weeks, and Days) always to match the number defined in the amount parameters.
Note 2: The solution installs Year Period, Quarter Period, Month Period, Week Period and Day Period terms by default. You can rename them to Years, Quarters, Months, Weeks, and Days in Settings -> Processes -> select Process -> Terms.
Note3: In case you generated Years and decided that you need more Years to be generated, just update the parameters in the "Generate Years, Quarters, Months" and trigger the rule again.
The solution can be enabled from Solution Library. Please contact our Support Team to enable it on your account, if it's not available yet.