- Demand and Capacity
- Capacity allocation by value type: Business, Enabler, Tech Debt
- PI and Sprint/Iteration Capacity Management
- Capacity Planner
- Job Family Structure and User Expertise (Skills)
- Hours instead of Percentage for Work Allocations
- User Demand and Allocations by Job Profile and Skills
- User Location
Requires the following solutions to be installed:
- User Capacity Demand and Allocation (6d990828-2bd0-45af-afaf-e68d45b6a148) – if you need it only for User Allocations
- Team Capacity Demand and Allocation (64f866ef-fdcf-41cb-b6e6-bb56330fc4d1) – if you need it only for Team Allocations
- Both mentioned above solutions are required – if you need it for User and Team Allocations together
Can't be used together with the following solution:
- Hours instead of Percentage for Work Allocations (e2a03d28-d3c9-4577-a993-1b82db3b805c)
The solution is an extension of User and/or Team Capacity Demand and Allocation solutions and allows entering required Man Days (or MD) to do work instead of Percentage. The Percentage will be calculated for a User based on User Weekly Hours, and for a Team based on Users in a Team Weekly Hours, and based on the Hours set for a Man Day in the solution configuration. By default one Man Day is equal 8 Hours.
User Weekly Hours are defined on a User View:
After the solution installation and configuration (see below), you'll be able to enter the required MD instead of Percentage when creating a Work Allocation:
A Percentage will be calculated based on the assumption that a Man Day takes 8 Hours and people work 5 Days a Week, excluding Weekends from Working Days calculation. It'll be calculated using this approach for Work Allocations with no Connected User or a Connected Team. When you allocate a Connected User, it'll take their Weekly Hours into Percentage calculation. Likewise, allocating a Connected Team will take into account Users in a Team Weekly Hours into Percentage calculation.
Note: The solution doesn't consider Time Off (Vacations, Public Holidays and Sick Leaves) as well as User involvements in a Team for now. It's coming with a new version of the solution.
In case you'd like to use any other number of Hours in a Man Day, you need to adjust the automation rules with the correct number of Hours, see the Solution Configuration section below.
Everything else will work the same as in User and/or Team Capacity Demand and Allocation solutions.
As with this solution Percentage will be calculated automatically, you need to make this field system for Work Allocations. You can do this in the following way:
- Go to Settings -> Custom Fields
- Select Work Allocations in the filter
- Open Percentage field
- Make it System
Automation Rules Adjustment
Several automation rules need to be adjusted to make the solution work correctly for the scenarios when you only use the User Capacity Demand and Allocation solution, the Team Capacity Demand and Allocation solution or Both solutions.
- Go to Settings -> Automation Rules.
- Open the following rules one by one:
- Work Allocation Percentage calculation based on MD (Man Days)
- Recalculate Work Allocation Percentage based on MD (Man Days) when a Team is updated
- Recalculate Work Allocation Percentage based on MD (Man Days) when a User is updated
- Set the following parameters correctly:
- workingHours – it's set as 8 hours for a Man Day by default; change it if your Man Day day takes less or more working hours,
- onlyActiveUsers – this parameter is applicable to Team Capacity Percentage only. It'll calculate only Active Users in a Team when True; it'll consider Active and Inactive Users when False.
- AllocationType – set Team when using Team Capacity Demand and Allocation solution only; set User when using User Capacity Demand and Allocation solution only; set Both, when using both solutions together.
Process Existing Work Allocations
Suppose you already have Work Allocations in the system and would like to calculate Percentage based on MD entered. In that case, you need to trigger the Initial - Calculate working days for Work Allocations rule. To do that:
- Go to Settings -> Automation Rules
- Enable and Open Initial - Calculate working days for Work Allocations rule
- Click Save and Trigger Now button
Note 1: Please keep in mind that all the Percentages entered manually before will be re-calculated, so only do that if you want to re-calculate them.
Note 2: The rule, if enabled, will be executed every 7 days to re-calculate Woking Days. So you need to disable it if you don't want your past work allocations to be re-calculated.
To use the solution, you can use all the same views for the solution as created for User Capacity Demand and Allocation, Team Capacity Demand and Allocation or User and Team Capacity Demand and Allocation Connector. Just add the MD unit to all the views next to the Percentage unit to see the MD required for Work Allocations.
You can do this in Actions -> Set up view -> Customize Cards.