- Demand and Capacity
- Capacity allocation by value type: Business, Enabler, Tech Debt
- Capacity Planner
- Job Family Structure and User Expertise (Skills)
- Hours instead of Percentage for Work Allocations
- Man Days instead of Percentage for Work Allocations
- User Demand and Allocations by Job Profile and Skills
- User Location
Sprint/Iteration Capacity Management
One of the listed benefits of SAFe PI-Planning is "Matching demand to capacity and eliminating excess Work in Process (WIP)". For this to become true, one has to be ale to check that the work "planned" to finish in the upcoming PI is not in excess of the available capacity and best kept below it with good margin.
This solution allows you to do just that. Being able to plan User Stories across the upcoming PI's Team Iterations. It will indicate how much of the available capacity of each team and team iteration is used and how much is still available.
Please read more details about this solution here.
Note: Each Team's Iteration Capacity is defined manually in the Capacity field available on a Team Iteration entity.
This solution provides the preconfigured "Team Iteration Capacity Plan" view.
PI Capacity Management
This solution allows to plan Features respectively across Program Increments (Releases) based on teams available capacity. Read more about solution here.
- Team Iteration Capacity is defined manually in the Capacity field available on a Team Iteration view
- Program Increment (Release) Capacity is calculated automatically based on the related Team Iterations' capacity
- Total Effort of work – Features and User Stories – will be compared with capacity available and visualize if teams are under-or overloaded.
The solution can be enabled from Solution Library. Please contact our Support Team to enable it on your account, if it's not available yet.