- Demand and Capacity
- Capacity allocation by value type: Business, Enabler, Tech Debt
- PI and Sprint/Iteration Capacity Management
- Capacity Planner
- Job Family Structure and User Expertise (Skills)
- Hours instead of Percentage for Work Allocations
- Man Days instead of Percentage for Work Allocations
- User Demand and Allocations by Job Profile and Skills
Requires the following solutions to be installed:
- User Demand and Allocation (6d990828-2bd0-45af-afaf-e68d45b6a148)
- Team Demand and Allocation (64f866ef-fdcf-41cb-b6e6-bb56330fc4d1)
- Colored and Formatted Units – Core Mashup (cb9ca2ee-8ba2-4e91-bab8-9c0ccd7199b3)
The solution allows to create and manage Work Allocations for both – Users and Teams. It's needed when you want to manage Teams' demand and involve specific role people, like Product Managers, Designers, and System Architects, who you have a limited number in the organization and need to split the load and not overload those roles.
The solution enables the Allocation Type field for Work Allocation, so when you create a new Work Allocation, you define if it's a Team or a User Work Allocation. Further, you will either be able to choose a User (if Allocation Type = User) or a Team (if Allocation Type = Team) for this Work Allocation.
There is also a new group of views (lists, reports and dashboards), where you can see all the User and Team Work Allocations together. The solutions keep working the same way described in the User Capacity Demand and Allocation and Team Capacity Demand and Allocation solutions, however a new set of views allows to track all together.
Note 1: When an Allocation Type for Work Allocation is updated, the Connected User or Team will be deleted, so you can choose a User or a Team matching a new Allocation Type.
Note 2: System will prevent you from allocating a User or Team to not matching Allocation Type.
Update Automation Rules
1. Disable the following Automation Rules installed previously by solutions:
- Generate Demands and connect Periods based on Planned Start / Planned End Date of Work Allocation (Periods) for Connected User
- Generate Demands and connect Periods based on Planned Start / Planned End Date of Work Allocation (Periods) for Connected Team
2. Update periodType parameter with the needed Period type (WeekPeriod, MonthPeriod, QuarterPeriod or YearPeriod) in a newly added automation rule:
- Generate Demands and connect Periods based on Planned Start / Planned End Date of Work Allocation (Periods) for Connected User AND Team
3. Set useConnectedUsers to true in the following automation rule:
- Daily check overloaded WorkAllocations - Connected Team
Adjust Quick Add
- Go to Settings -> Quick Add
- Select Work Allocation in the list
- Delete Connected User and Connected Team fields
- Add new configured Connected User and Connected Team fields (see GIF below)
There are several reports in the solution which need to be updated with the needed Period:
- Portfolio Epic User Allocation Status
- Portfolio Epic Team Allocation Status
- People Load
- Teams Load
To do that:
- Open the report
- Click Setup up Report button
- Find the needed Period in Data fields
- Replace Month Period on X axe on the report
Compatibility with other solutions
If you use Team and User Capacity Demand and Allocations solutions together, and have User and Team Capacity Demand and Allocation Connector solution installed, you need to make Job Profile selection not required in Work Allocation Quick Add, as you won't need to define a Job Proflie, if Allocation Type = Team is selected.
You can do this in Settings -> Quick Add -> select Work Allocation -> mark Job Profile as not required.