This solution has a dependency on the following solutions, and these need to be installed first:
- RAG Status
This solution has an overlap with the following solutions, so these must NOT be installed:
- ROAM Risks
- Risk Management by Integrity, Availability, and Confidentiality
This solution facilitates leveraging a traditional risk management approach via Agile practices, allowing teams to keep the focus on appropriate risks and the mitigating actions at key times during their process. Risk Managers, Product Managers/Owners, Release Train Engineers, and Agile Teams use the provided views to Identify and manage risks - At the start of a project, or throughout via key agile ceremonies.
A Risk Register view is provided for logging and managing a backlog of Risks.
Each Risk has Category, Impact, Probability, Risk Score and RAG status fields.
- Category provides a way to organize Risks via common groupings
- Impact is the impact the Risk has on the success of the current focus. (i.e. Low, Medium, High, Very High)
- Probability is the likeliness for the risk to occur. (i.e. Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High)
- Risk Score & RAG (Red, Amber, Green), facilitates priority and indicates the status of the Risk. They are calculated using the related Impact & Probability ratings.
Risk Detailed View
Clicking on the Risk ID or double clicking on a Risk title in the Risk Register reveals the Risk Detailed View where additional information can be seen and provided. The Risk Detailed View highlights a color coded Categorization & Scoring section reflecting the RAG status. The Category, Impact, and Probability fields can be updated in both the Risk Register View inline and Risk Detailed View.
Risk Actions can also be added via the Risk Detailed View by clicking on the "Risk Actions" sub-menu/tab and clicking the '+' icon.
Risk Action Detailed View
Clicking Add & Open when adding Risk Actions brings you to the Risk Action Detailed View. Post Action Impact & Probability ratings can be specified here and used to calculate a Post Action Risk Score. Risk Reduction is also calculated and based on the difference of the Post Action Risk Score from the Risk Score carried over from the Risk.
Risk Action Detail
Risk Probability/Impact Matrix
The Risk Matrix by Impact and Probability (color coded based on RAG status & showing Risk state), creates focus on the most important Risks. Additionally, it acts as a reminder to help us answer the question “Are we working on the right things?” Risks can be adjusted as needed, moving them to a different Impact row or Probability column.
A Risk Flow view details Risks by state, highlighting RAG status. When applying a ROAM model for your workflow, decisions made for Risks encountered are highlighted. Agile teams can apply additional filters to focus on a program increment.
The Risk Dashboard offers a collective view of Risk based measures in different contexts.
- Risk Register - backlog of risks with current state
- Impact & Probability - Scatter plot with circle size and color indicating count
- Cumulated totals
- Risk Reduction Rate
- Bar chart using the ROAM model with counts by RAG status
- Average cycle time
The following fields are calculated using predefined metrics which can be customized. Further details on creating and modifying metrics can be found in the guide.
- Category - Currently set to Architecture, Budget, Business, DevOps/Operational, Infrastructure, Programmatic, Quality and Process, Resource, Schedule, Security, Supplier, and Technology.
- Impact - 1-Low, 2-Medium, 3-High, 4-Very High
- Probability - 1-Very Low, 2-Low, 3-Medium, 4-High, 5-Very High
- Risk Score - Convert.ToInt32(Impact.Substring(0,1))*Convert.ToInt32(Probability.Substring(0,1))
- RAG - IIF(RiskScore = 1 || RiskScore = 2 || Convert.ToInt32(Impact.Substring(0,1)) = 1 && (Probability.Substring(0,1) = "3" || Probability.Substring(0,1) = "4"), "Green", IIF(RiskScore = 3 && Impact.Substring(0,1) = "3" || RiskScore = 4 && Convert.ToInt32(Impact.Substring(0,1)) > 1 || Probability.Substring(0,1) != "5" && (RiskScore > 4 && RiskScore < 10), "Amber", IIF(RiskScore != 0, "Red", "")))
- Post Action Impact - 1-Low, 2-Medium, 3-High, 4-Very High
- Post Action Probability - 1-Very Low, 2-Low, 3-Medium, 4-High, 5-Very High
- Post Action Risk Score - Convert.ToInt32(PostActionImpact.Substring(0,1))*Convert.ToInt32(PostActionProbability.Substring(0,1))
- Post Action RAG - IIF(PostActionRiskScore = 1 || PostActionRiskScore = 2 || Convert.ToInt32(PostActionImpact.Substring(0,1)) = 1 && (PostActionProbability.Substring(0,1) = "3" || PostActionProbability.Substring(0,1) = "4"), "Green", IIF(PostActionRiskScore = 3 && PostActionImpact.Substring(0,1) = "3" || PostActionRiskScore = 4 && Convert.ToInt32(PostActionImpact.Substring(0,1)) > 1 || PostActionProbability.Substring(0,1) != "5" && (PostActionRiskScore > 4 && PostActionRiskScore < 10), "Amber", IIF(PostActionRiskScore != 0, "Red", "")))
- Risk Reduction - RiskScore-PostActionRiskScore
Coloring based on RAG is configured via the following mashup (ie. UI extension). More information on creating and modifying mashups can be found in the guide.
- CSS for DW Customization - Controls coloring based on RAG and Post Action RAG fields
The solution can be enabled from Solution Library. Please contact our Support Team to enable it on your account, if it's not available yet.
a sales representative
Get a live
Let one of our product specialists create your account
and shape Targetprocess for your company needs.