Sort Entities in Views
- Basic actions with cards and lanes
- How to create, setup, and customize views
- Organizing and Prioritizing a Backlog
- How to attach existing User Story to a Feature?
- Add a Card with the main Quick Add
- How to attach existing Bug to a User Story or Feature?
- Add Lanes and Cards with the in-view Quick Add
- View and Edit a Card or a Lane
Entities displayed as cards, rows or columns in Board views and List views can be sorted according to multiple properties.
For example, User Stories may be sorted by Rank, Name, Effort, Business Value, dates when a story was created, started, completed and due dates, and by Custom Field values.
On all view types, sorting order is set permanently in View settings. These settings affect all users who open the view. Open Actions > Set up view > Setup tab to check current sorting order configured for a view.
Additionally, List views provide the option to quickly apply other sort orders by clicking on column headers. This way the order is changed privately and does not affect other users. Ascending, descending and unsorted modes are supported for many columns.
Customize View Settings
Administrators and View Owners can customize permanent view settings. It is possible to setup sorting for cards, horizontal and vertical Lanes on Board views and for cards and hierarchical levels on List views. Open Actions > Set up view > Setup tab to configure sorting order for a view.
Numeric ID is not available option for sorting. IDs in Targetprocess are assigned in chronological order incrementally. Therefore, sorting by Create Date will achieve the same result.