The Embedded Pages mashup allows to see the pages by links you've provided in a URL and Template URL custom field as an additional tab on an entity view, so that you can work with the external pages and documents straight in Targetprocess.
For example, if Google Docs application is used to keep documentation related to User Stories, you can create a custom field "Google Doc" and specify there links to appropriate google documents for each User Story. This document will be reflected as a new tab on a User Story view.
How to activate it:
- Install the mashup from the Targetprocess Mashups Library.
- Create URL or Template URL custom fields in
Settings → Processes → your process → Custom Fieldstab. More on how to add a field.
- Change a mashup config (in the mashups list) to specify which custom fields you'd like to see as an embedded page on a User Story view:
entityTypeName: 'UserStory', customFieldName: 'Google Doc', processName: 'Scrum',
Now when you put a URL into a 'Google Doc' custom field for a User Story, it will be reflected as a new tab and an embedded page on that User Story view.
- How many pages can I embed per entity?
- You can show as many extra tabs as needed. Any number of URL and Template URL custom fields for different processes and entity types is supported. Use single mashup installed and specify all tabs and fields mapping in the configuration section for this mashup. Do not install the mashup twice for the purpose of having two embedded tabs.
- Can I embed any page or are there some limitations?
- Check list of the tools that allow content embedding and known limitations.