This mashup (custom add-on) allows to see the pages by links you've provided in a URL and Template URL custom field as an additional tab on an entity view, so that you can work with the external pages and documents straight in Targetprocess.
For example, if Google Docs application is used to keep documentation related to User Stories, you can create a custom field "Google Doc" and specify there links to appropriate google documents for each User Story. This document will be reflected as a new tab on a User Story view.
The mashup can be activated by Administrators of your Targetprocess account.
- Configure the system in advance. Create URL or Template URL custom fields in
Settings → Processes → your process → Custom Fieldstab. More on how to add a field.
- Install the mashup from the Targetprocess Mashups Library. Navigate Settings > Mashups menu item for this purpose.
- Find the mashup in the list of installed ones. Change its code in order to specify which custom fields you'd like to see as an embedded page on a User Story view:
entityTypeName: 'UserStory', customFieldName: 'Google Doc', processName: 'Scrum',
After installation, reload Targetprocess page in your web browser. Request your colleagues to perform the same action if the mashup doesn't appear for them.
Now when you put a URL into a 'Google Doc' custom field for a User Story, it will be reflected as a new tab and an embedded page on that User Story view.
- How many pages can I embed per entity?
- You can show as many extra tabs as needed. Any number of URL and Template URL custom fields for different processes and entity types is supported. Use single mashup installed and specify all tabs and fields mapping in the configuration section for this mashup. Do not install the mashup twice for the purpose of having two embedded tabs.
- Can I embed any page or are there some limitations?
- Check list of the tools that allow content embedding and known limitations.
Still have a question?
We're here to help! Just contact our friendly support team
Get Started for free
Manage complex work, projects and products with Targetprocess
We’ve sent you a confirmation e-mail — please, go check it.
With our product specialist Ksenia