Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) is a modular framework with variations built by removing different layers from full SAFe. This provides an option for organizations to build up to full SAFe maturity gradually, and marks a healthy stopping point for any organization that wants to scale but does not require a full implementation to accomplish their goals.
Targetprocess delivers customizable solutions to the problems of managing an enterprise of any size based on the SAFe framework. Our built-in views, reports, and dashboards provide a comfortable starting point no matter your current SAFe maturity. Targetprocess allows you to visually plan, track and steer your work based on SAFe principles - so you can quickly deliver value to your customers.
Essential SAFe is the foundation for any wider Scaled Agile implementation. It’s the perfect place to start for organizations that have just embarked on their SAFe journey. If Portfolio and Solution Train management is not something you plan to pursue with Scaled Agile, Essential SAFe is the natural choice.
Agile Release Trains are a sophisticated metaphor for a continuous flow of value through the combination of teams, roles, and activities directed at incremental continuous development. Release Train Engineers (RTEs) administer regularly scheduled Program Increment (PI) Planning Events to align team members with a shared vision. By developing an iterative cadence RTEs foster an environment where the ARTs they manage can accomplish Portfolio level achievements while maintaining focus.
Targetprocess supplies functionality for Program Features with the ability to rank them using Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF) to build a cross-team backlog. RTEs use Targetprocess to collaborate with teams using shared views that eliminate the need for messy physical representations. Reports and views provide invaluable insights for furthering continuous improvement.
- Rank Features by WSJF and prioritize your backlog with confidence.
- See planning issues as early as possible with a detailed Program Board. No string required.
- Let your RTE manage your cadence and milestones with easy-to-use timelines.
- Use PI Objectives for Program Predictability Measurements for realistic business value projections.
- Plan sprints with capacity and dependencies visualized to prevent overloads and resolve blockers.
- Allow Product and Delivery Managers to visualize the Program level all in one place for maximum team transparency
- Create and manage Production Releases without disrupting your SAFe hierarchy.
- Build a Feature Roadmap for each PI with
The Team Level is where real work meets the layers of abstraction superimposed above them. Agile Teams are cross functional units responsible for defining, building, and testing throughout the iterative cadence. The value they deliver is what provides the data used at higher levels of the SAFe structure.
Targetprocess allows Team Members and managers to see work completed in real time with full control over Workflow States. Important metrics like effort estimates, time spent, and cycle time are exploited to provide invaluable insights for continuous improvement. Scrum, Kanban, and a plethora of combinations are easily supported. A variety of optional Team Level features provide functionality for SAFe practices like User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Request Management.
- Engage with Scrum Masters and Delivery Managers to build Iteration plans for easy work visualization using Scrum practices.
- Allow Leaders to set work in process limits for your Teams on Kanban Boards to control bottlenecks and avoid wasting effort.
- Provide Delivery Managers with generated Cumulative Flow Diagrams to view and potentially optimize cycle time.
- Let your Scrum Masters ride Burndowns to the bottom or climb Burnups to the top.
Does the Team love their current tool? Don’t worry, we integrate.
See how Targetprocess aligns and empowers business and IT with the help of powerful integrations.
Targetprocess facilitates enterprise agility at all levels by enabling both Business and IT to work in one holistic solution. To help ensure value flow visibility and collaboration across the entire enterprise, Targetprocess allows a powerful set of integrations covering use cases for different levels and roles within organization.