Requires the following solution to be installed: Solution Trains (STs) (a6ba6469-ce2a-44a0-8cf8-8f4bcc926463) - if you need to generate Solution Planning Intervals (SPIs) Agile Release Trains (ARTs) (edcffe31-75d3-40b8-9b16-6fbfa380466e) - if you need to generate Planning Intervals (PIs) Custom Period Enablement
Requires the following solution to be installed:
- Solution Trains (STs) (a6ba6469-ce2a-44a0-8cf8-8f4bcc926463) - if you need to generate Solution Planning Intervals (SPIs)
- Agile Release Trains (ARTs) (edcffe31-75d3-40b8-9b16-6fbfa380466e) - if you need to generate Planning Intervals (PIs)
- Custom Period Enablement (73f495ed-64e6-43dd-8958-dc43f7afb6b7)
It can't be used with the following solutions:
- Generate Planning Intervals automatically for all ARTs (4602403e-c4d0-42fb-a895-6e0d4e0419ff)
- Generate Team Iterations automatically for all Teams (d5dee069-ce11-4af2-af40-3c4aa2c50cc6)
- Iteration Generation for Team (58884b19-17e0-4d07-bf99-6cd0874d0056)
- Iteration Generation for Agile Release Train (ART) (5170cf26-77e6-4d16-96f3-c11a5b86f876)
Please delete the following metrics before installing the solution:
- Planned Start Date for Solution Planning Interval
- Planned End Date for Solution Planning Interval
The solution enables you to create synchronized Solution Planning Intervals for all Solution Trains, Releases (Planning Intervals) for all ARTs or/and Team Iterations for all Teams in one click. It's handy when you have a lot of STs/ARTs/Teams who have the same schedule of Planning Intervals or/and Team Iterations.
Solution Planning Intervals / Planning Intervals / Team Iterations will be generated based on Custom Periods you have in the system, i.e. they'll have the same Planned Start/End Dates.
The solution can be used to:
- Only generate Solution Planning Intervals (SPIs) for STs
- Only generate Planning Intervals (PIs) for ARTs
- Only generate Team Iterations (TIs) for Teams
- Generate Solution Planning Intervals (SPIs) for STs and Planning Intervals (PIs) for ARTs
- Generate Planning Intervals (PIs) for ARTs and Team Iterations (TIs) for Teams
- Generate Solution Planning Intervals (SPIs) for STs, Planning Intervals (PIs) for ARTs and Team Iterations (TIs) for Teams
After generation you'll see a list of Solution Planning Intervals on Solution Trains (ST) view, Planning Intervals on Agile Release Train (ART) view, Team Iterations on a Team view based on the configuration.
On a Period view, you'll see a list of related Solution Planning Intervals, Planning Intervals or Team Iterations.
After solution installation Periods SPIs/PIs/TIs folder will appear on the left menu with the following views:
- Periods SPIs
- Periods PIs
- Periods TIs
On this views you can find the hierarchy Period -> Solution Planning Intervals/Planning Intervals/Team Iterations
Before generating Solution Planning Intervals/Planning Intervals/Team Iterations, generate the Periods as they will be used as a base for SPI/PI/TI creation. By default the solution is set to generate PIs and TIs (SPIs' generation is disabled by default), and it will link Periods to Planning Intervals.
The solution includes Automation Rules with parameters, which need to be configured before the first run:
- Global PI - set it to true if you need to generate a global PI, with no connection to Agile Release Train. Such PI will be a parent for all Teams' Team Iterations for the certain Period.
- Period Type - a Period type (Period, MonthPeriod, QuarterPeriod or YearPeriod) for which you'll be generating PIs/TIs. The solution works for custom Period by default. If you need to generate PIs/TIs based on MonthPeriod, QuarterPeriod, or YearPeriod instead, please contact us.
- Excluded STs – define the Solution Trains that should be excluded from Solution Planning Intervals auto-generation. Use ST IDs in the values array.
- Generate PIs – set it to true if Planning Intervals should be generated.
- Generate TIs – set it to true if Team Iterations should be generated.
- Excluded ARTs – define the ARTs that should be excluded from Planning Intervals auto-generation. Use ART IDs in the values array.
- Excluded Teams – define the Teams that should be excluded from Team Iterations auto-generation. Use Team IDs in the values array.
- Is Active Filter – set it to true if you want to exclude inactive Teams from TI generation. It's actual only for Team Iteration generation for Teams.
- Past Generation – set it to true if you need Planning Intervals/Team Iterations be generated for the past Periods.
- Past Periods Amount – if the Past Generation parameter is set to true, here you can define the quantity of past Periods to generate PIs/TIs for.
- Iteration Length – define the number of calendar days to be in a Team Iteration.
To update them, please do the following:
- Go to Settings -> Automation Rules
- Open the following rules one by one:
- Create SPIs/PIs/TIs in Periods - initial rule
- Create SPIs/PIs/TIs when a new Period is created
- Create SPIs/PIs/TIs for a new ST, ART or Team
- Create TIs for a new ART PI
- Create ART PIs for a new ST PI
- Move Team TIs between ART PIs according to Team ART
- Move ART PIs between ST PIs according to ART ST
- Click JSON tab.
- Update the parameters. Please use the same values for each parameter at all Automation Rules.
- Save the rule.
To start generation:
- Enable and open the following rule:
- Create SPIs/PIs/TIs in Periods - initial rule
- Click Save and trigger now button.
As a result, Planning Intervals will be generated for ARTs and Team Iterations will be generated for Teams respectively (and Solution Planning Intervals will be generated for Solution Trains - if defined at Automation Rules parameters).
- When you generate SPIs, PIs and TIs, it'll set the dates of PI the same as the respective Period Planned Dates, and it's generate the amount of TIs which fit the Period. For example, you've created PI for Period of 3 months duration and Team Iteration duration is 14 days, then the solution will create PI of 3 months duration and 6 Team Iterations, which the Finish dates of the PI and the last Team Iteration may not match.
- When you generate only Team Iterations, then Team Iterations will have the the dates matching Period dates.
Further solution usage
After the initial generation disable the following rule:
- Create PIs/TIs in Periods - initial trigger rule
Future PIs/TIs will be created automatically when one of the following events happen:
- a new Period is created;
- a new ST, ART or Team is created (past SPIs/PIs/TIs won't be generated for them at this case).
See how Targetprocess aligns and empowers business and IT with the help of powerful integrations.
Targetprocess facilitates enterprise agility at all levels by enabling both Business and IT to work in one holistic solution. To help ensure value flow visibility and collaboration across the entire enterprise, Targetprocess allows a powerful set of integrations covering use cases for different levels and roles within organization.