Dashboards are a great way to track progress on various levels. For example, with our Dashboard tool you can view the progress of several projects, such asQA or Help Desk activities. In the Usage Cases section, we reveal more detailed scenarios to help provide context.
Create Dashboard and set layout
Dashboard creation is similar to standard View creation. Click on +Create at the bottom left corner and select the Dashboard option from the menu:
You will now see an empty dashboard:
In Targetprocess’ dashboard tools, a two-column layout is selected by default, but you can switch to a three or four-column layout. It’s safe to switch to another layout; all widgets are preserved on the Dashboard.
Only column layout is supported for Dashboards. If you need an advanced layout, let us know, and we’ll consider this for future improvements.
Dashboard Software: Access Levels
You can set the access level from the Access tab. There are three options, just like with Views:
- Private. If the Dashboard is only for you, then make it private. This makes it invisible to all other users.
- Public. Only a Targetprocess Admin can make public Dashboards. Public Dashboards are visible to all users in your organization.
- Team/Project. You may need a Dashboard for a specific Team or Project. In this case, use the custom sharing option and select the relevant groups.
A Dashboard software is useless without widgets, so we have plenty of them. You can add the same widget to a Dashboard several times. For instance, let's say that you want to see Burndown charts for two iterations at the same time. Just add two Burndown chart widgets to a Dashboard and select different iterations from the widgets’ settings.
To add a widget, click the Widgets tab to see all your options:
To add a Widget, find the required feature and click the large green + button. By default, the new Widget is positioned in an empty column and Targetprocess’ Dashboard software will try to fill any empty spaces. You can always reposition Widgets later using drag and drop.
When you are done, click on Finish setup at the top right corner.
Now you can see a Dashboard with Widgets:
Actions you can perform on Widgets:
- Remove a Widget from the Dashboard with a single click on the trash can icon. You can always add it again from the Widget library.
- Change Widget settings. For example, to change the filter in a List Widget click on the cogwheel icon to see available settings.
- Rename a Widget with a double-click on a Widget’s name.
- Move a Widget by dragging its title to the desired position.
See a detailed review of Widgets here.
There are many different use cases for Dashboards. You will likely create many dashboards for different needs. Here are some examples that might be useful.
a sales representative
Get a live
Let one of our product specialists create your account
and shape Targetprocess for your company needs.