Changed the popup for Targetprocess release notes
As you might have noticed, there was no automatic in-product popup for these release notes. Rather, a green dot on the Settings gear indicates there's something new to read, which you can open at your convenience.
A quick note: We push releases out to users incrementally, so don't worry if you don't see these changes right away. We're coming for you next.
Views menu improvements
- We've renamed 'Groups' to 'Folders', as this name makes more sense here
- We've more explicitly separated the 'Favorites' and 'All Views' sections
- The 'All Views' section can now be collapsed
- You can now find your Favorited items (Folders and Views) not only in 'Favorites', but also in 'All Views'. Thus, 'All Views' section will keep the same set of Folders and Views although you added some of them to 'Favorites'.
Search: Sort your results by Creation Date
By default, search results in Targetprocess are ordered by relevance. Starting with this release, you can now also order your search results by creation date. Select your preferred sorting in the top left corner:
Targetprocess Entity custom fields as lanes
You can now use Targetprocess Entity custom fields as lanes on a view. You can create a new entity with this custom field straight from the board using the 'Quick add' button. Or, change the value of this custom field for already existing entity by dragging & dropping.
- Visual encoding will now work with dates
- Inner Lists: Removed unnecessary clicks for Add Time function
- Fixed issue where Search2 would fail when appConfig isn't presented in the URL, or when an empty context is selected for the view
- Search will no longer break Safari on OS Mavericks
- Fixed error in new search: "Cannot read property 'highlight' of undefined"
- Entities from inactive projects will not be taken into account in the tab counter on entity lists
- Unnecessary horizontal space will no longer appear in inner lists
- Fixed an issue where the 'Quick Add' icon wouldn't appear in a cell during mouse hover
- Fixed a case where List sticky header is displayed over filter suggestion
- Datepicker selection will now work in Git plugin
- Screen Capture Extension will no longer randomly stop working
- Fixed an issue where Targetprocess wouldn't load (deadlocks) after performing some actions to a large set of views from a large database
- Copy to Project will no longer fail if the entity has a System custom field
- Fixed incorrect effort calculations caused by nhibernate
- Fixed warning messages when Targetprocess is opened by several people, and one of them deletes and restores a group
- When you reply to a notification, the notification text will cut and will not be added to the comment
- Fixed project name in Milestones widget
- Fixed error when editing text or Entity custom fields after editing a Dropdown custom field in lists
- Fixed an issue where two tags are added instead of one when selecting a tag from the dropdown using arrow keys
- Fixed incorrect Dropdown custom field values for projects in a list
- Fixed a case where bulk invite doesn't execute if someone is already assigned to the Project
- Email integration plugin: rules will no longer be ignored if they contain a space
- Fixed a problem where concurrent modifications of custom fields would result in invalid custom field values on entities
- Fixed 'Internal server error' in AuditHistoryService for Custom Fields
- Custom terms for 'Project' entities will be shown in hints of the Project-Team selector UI
- Drag & drop will now work in the left menu in the latest version of Edge
Three-level group hierarchy in the left menu, and the possibility to create a view or group from anywhere
We heard you like to keep things organized, so we made some folders for your folders. You can now create subgroups for groups of views in the left menu; a three-level hierarchy is supported. You can now also create a subgroup or nested view right in the group where you want to place it. We hope these improvements will help you to organize your work in the left menu more effectively.
New inner lists for entities
We hope that you won't miss the old inner lists, because our new ones have more possibilities for a better experience. You can now:
- Sort inner lists by columns displayed
- Fill out required Custom Fields while creating entities
- Select Projects and Teams that differ from their parent entity
We tried to preserve the behavior of the old lists by adding possible actions under the context menu. Just right click on any entity in an inner list, and choose the option that you're interested in. You can check out these new inner lists in the entity details view of Features, User Stories, Requests, Releases, and Iterations.
By default, cards are ordered by rank. Items with the highest priority are on top, while 'done' cards are placed in the bottom of list. You can change the order of items by clicking the column header, but keep in mind that this will prevent you from prioritizing items on the view.
Projects-Teams selector: highlight and select Teams assigned to a Project, and vice versa
In the Projects-Teams selector, you will now find a small new option that allows you to see and select Teams that are currently assigned to a Project. The same works in the opposite direction: you can select the Projects that your Team is assigned to at the moment.
- Added a 'Share link' option to Project and Team entity details views
- Reordered and grouped fields in the Info section of entity details views
- Acid parameter removed from the URL
- Added a new checkbox component to Quick Add
- Made entity Custom Fields editable in Lists
- Increased the character limit for the value field of Multiple Selection Custom Fields.
- Сustom Field sorting will no longer break when Custom Fields with the same name from different processes are mapped to different columns in the database
- Fixed a problem with FTPS connection for the Test Run Import plugin
- Improved some styles on the capacity label
- Fixed a case where Anticipated End date (instead of Forecasted End date) would be used as the allocation end date in capacity calculations
- Fixed an issue where deleted users would be shown in mention notifications, instead of active users with the same login
- Checkbox Custom Fields will now become editable when you click anywhere in the field
- History tab: Users' unassigned/attachment deleted actions will now be shown
- Fixed some issues with Test Case Run history
- Fixed a case where the reply email field for Projects would be cut off
- If a User can see a Team via a Project only and this Project becomes inactive, the Team will no longer appear in Quick Add or in the Board Access popup
- If time tracking is disabled, completed effort for a role will now reset to zero for entities that are moved from the final state
- Fixed: Jumping to entity doesn't work if there is a space after the ID number in the search query
New global search
We would like to present our reworked global search. We have rebuilt the entire search engine and updated its UI.
The new search results area is now more informative and modern. Custom fields are also included in search results. Additionally, relevant comments are displayed with their related entity.
We still can't help you find your lost camera, but at least now you should have no trouble finding any kind of data inside Targetprocess.
The new filters area is visual and easy to use. You can search by desired entity type or by entity state. It is also possible to search through entities by their creation date (for example, to look for recent entities). The 'All Projects and Teams' checkbox can still be found in the same area as before, and is available for use.
It is now also possible to find specific Projects and Teams.
You can find more details and other useful information in this blogpost on the new search. We hope you like it!
Time tracker in Android application
Users of our Android app can now use a timer for tracking time spent. You can view, edit, and delete added time entries from the Time History list.
Check out this dedicated blogpost for more details.
Visual reports: beta of cumulative, burn up & burn down reports
We're happy to announce that you can now create historical reports in our Visual Reports Editor. Now you can easily create Cumulative Flow Diagrams or Burn Up/Down reports. You can use our predefined templates, or configure your own from scratch.
You can find more details in this blogpost.
- Fixed broken base64 encoding in relations network reports
- Fixed a case where you could not expand or collapse Lists that have a date selected for their axis
- Left menu will now have the correct width and layout when opened in a new tab from a collapsed panel
- Different custom fields can no longer be mapped to the same database column
- A large number of Projects in the database will no longer prevent burn down charts from opening
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to unassign an entity in the Info section if its name was too long
- Fixed some cases where effort calculation would be inaccurate
- We've removed the 999 Project limit from the Project and Team Selector
- Fixed: Deleted requester is attached to request in Email Integration plugin
- Fixed a case where you would be unable to open Release Burn Down charts
- The Custom Field Constraints mashup will now work with Unicode states and states non-alphanumeric & space characters
- Fixed a case where numbers with more than three digits would be partially cut off in the columns of List views
Our latest Android releases are focused on time tracking, and will be helpful for those of you who deal with adding time every day. We hope that you like it, and we look forward to your suggestions for improvement.
You can now start and pause a timer for the entity you're working on. Open the entity and tap the 'Track' button that appears next to 'Add Time'. The timer will begin. Once you've started tracking time, you might notice a clock icon over the 'Me' tab. You can always find the currently tracked entity under this tab.
You can post or reset your time by tapping on the tracker. When you're done, tap the 'Post time' button. If you want to reject the current time, press the 'Reset' button.
You can only track time for a single entity at once. You have to post or reset time for your current entity before tracking a new one.
And of course, you can still add time using the 'Add' button.
You can now see and update time entries by going to 'Time History' in an entity's details view. Just open the entity and tap on the 'History' link to open the list of time entries. If you want to edit or delete a time entry, hold your finger down on it and select the desired option from the pop-up menu.
Some other useful improvements
- Filter by state and entity type in the Search tab
- Assign and unassign existing users into Projects and Teams from entity views that have a Users list
- The app will now remember Projects and entity types that were recently selected after reopening the 'Add' tab
- The app will now remember the last tab you used after reopening the application
If you have anything you want to share with us, just use the Feedback form in the ‘Me’ tab, or send us a message at email@example.com.
Click here to download the Android app.