More sorting options in View Setup
We've added several more useful fields for sorting in View Setup: State, Last Commented Date, Modified Date, Progress, ID, parent entity (Epic for Features, User Story for Task, etc.).
Recent assignments improvements
We've made some improvements to the Assignments section:
- The 'Assign to Me' button has been removed. 'Me' is shown first instead
- User searches in the Assignments section will now also show a 'Recent' group (in addition to the standard Role groups)
- The number of recent assignments has been increased from 3 to 5
- Recent assignments will now work across all browsers and devices
Inline editing for Test Case Run results
When executing a Test Plan Run, you'll no longer need to open every Test Case Run to set its Run Result. This field can now be conveniently edited from the Test Runs tab of a Test Plan Run entity.
Relations on Boards, Lists and Timelines
To help you with planning, we've made it possible to show dependencies directly on views. This functionality is similar to our Show Relations mashup, but also includes support for inline editing on Lists, drag-n-drop, and (most importantly) Timelines. The new solution is available out of the box; there’s no need to install or configure anything extra, beyond updating to this release for On-Demand accounts. On-Premise customers should perform this quick update procedure
For our next step, we're considering making it possible to draw new relations right on the view. Please, upvote the corresponding idea if you think it would be useful.
Visual Reports: new Chart Data tab and Clone option in Actions list
We've added one more tab to the Browse Data pop-up: a Chart Data tab. Here you can find aggregated data from your configured chart. It can be selected from either the Actions menu → Browse data, or by clicking the 'Browse and Filter' button in the report editor.
There's one more piece of good news: We've moved the 'Clone report' option to the Actions list. Cloning a report in previous versions was admittedly a bit clumsy. You had to initiate creation of a new report, go to the Existing reports tab, and find the necessary report there. Now you can just open a report from the left menu and select the 'Clone report' option in the Actions menu.
You can find more details about these new report features here.
- Search would will no longer sometimes fail when the search includes a long number
- Searching for converted entities by their old ID temporarily stopped working — it's fixed now
- Cards will no longer drop to the last position after being modified on a one-by-one view sorted by any property other than Rank
- Prioritizing cards with drag-n-drop will no longer fail if items are sorted by Rank in descending order
- Filtering for Projects by Programs will no longer break on Boards/Lists with Outbound Relations as cards
- Fixed a case where users would redirected to another view without an alert when trying to open a view without proper permissions
- Avatars of mentioned people will no longer be shown at the bottom when clicking 'View Full Size' for an image
- Replaced the tooltip for the Effort unit in Lists with a more suitable one
- Made it possible to finish an Iteration using Split when an incomplete entity has a deleted user assigned
- When a Feature is moved to another Project, its Bugs will be moved as well
- Our live updates connection icon will no longer cause high CPU usage in Chrome
- Visual Reports' Export and Print actions were temporarily inaccessible for users who were neither an admin, nor a report owner
- A Visual Report in Setup mode can now be moved to a Folder without a refresh
- Visual Reports: fixed incorrect encoding for exported to CSV Chart data when file is opened in Excel
- Visual Reports: fixed a missing time stamp for dates when data is exported to CSV
- Visual Report: fixed missing zero values on the Source Data tab
Owned by Me
We assume that you mostly use the Targetprocess mobile app during those times when it's not convenient to use your laptop or PC. Let's say you just want to quickly add some cards. It's as easy as it gets with our "Add" tab. But how can you quickly find these cards later? From now on, you can easily find entities you have created at the “Me tab." Just tap "Owned by Me" to see all of these entities grouped by state.
Thanks to your survey responses, we'll now be adding the ability to see recent updates to entities, such as state changes and comments. To this end, we have changed the “Notifications” tab. It has been renamed as “Activity”, and now includes two sections: “Notifications” and “Recent Updates”. No changes have been made to the “Notifications” list itself; this tab still shows the notifications you're used to. The “Recent Updates” tab will list the following updates: changes to Name, State, Description, Severity, Priority, Release, Iteration, and Team Iteration fields, as well as new Comments.
If you have any suggestions for additions or changes, please speak up. We'll appreciate any feedback.
Other useful features:
- Added support for Single Sign-On access via ADFS.
- An “Eye” icon for hidden views, and a 3-level folder hierarchy in the left menu
- Collapse/Expand for groups of entities is now available in long lists
- Descriptions created in markdown will look much better than before
- Added the ability to sort Search results by Relevance or Creation Date
- For devices on Android Oreo: Each type of notification can be individually switched ON/OFF from device settings
We want to make it easier for you to get things done using our app. We're always improving, and we're always open to suggestions. Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas via the Feedback form in the app’s "Me" tab, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the last two months, we've been focused on two major features and a bunch of small enhancements for our iOS app.
Search Version 2
As you may have noticed, a new Search engine has been released on our main web application. It generates better results than the previous engine, and provides more options for filtering. This search engine is now available for our iOS app. It's easy to search for work items on-the-go, filter the results by entity type or entity state, and sort them by Relevance or Creation date.
Finally, Time History records have been added to our mobile app! You can navigate to an entity's Time History by tapping its 'History' link. Time records that have been added to the entity are shown in a handy table right in the app. You can easily review, post, and edit records from Time History. To edit a time record, just hold your finger down on it (long tap), and select the “Edit Time” option.
Small, but useful improvements.
- Our mobile client now supports ADFS SSO.
- If your board consists of only one column, the app will show it in paging mode by default.
- There's no need to repeat entity type selections when adding multiple items, because the system will remember for you! The last added entity type and Project will now be saved on the Add tab after entity creation.
- Negative values can now be added to Number and Money Custom Fields.
- System Custom Fields now are read-only (because only metrics should affect these fields)
We appreciate any feedback from you. Please, use the Feedback form in the app’s "Me" tab, or send a message to email@example.com. We'd love to chat.
Click here to download the iOS app.
You can now add a short description to views from View Setup. Users with access to a view can read its description by clicking on the view's title. This View Legend will also include information about card types displayed on the view, as well as view cards, active filters and visual encoding rules. We hope this will help users to better explain and understand what views are showing.
Entity details view: Assign existing entities from Inner Lists
You can now not only create items from Inner Lists, but also assign existing ones. If you are on a Feature details view and want to assign all existing User Stories, you don’t have to open a new view to do it. Just click the Lookup icon from the User Stories list, and select the entities that you need:
Hierarchy in Inner Lists
To help users better understand how different cards are related, we’ve added a hierarchy to Inner Lists. You can find User Stories under the Feature and Iteration levels, with Bugs and Tasks under the User Story level.
Visual Reports: redesigned report creation flow, and some new templates
The flow for creating reports has been slightly changed. As you know, templates from all sources are listed on the initial report creation page. You can select any of them, or create your own via a Blank template. In the new flow, clicking on a template does not immediately lead to report creation as it did before. Instead, you first get a pop-up with source and chart settings. You can make changes there, or close it and select another template. More details here.
We've also added some additional templates: a Process Control chart, and a Stories and Bugs Burn Up by count of records. The Process Control template shows the distribution of Cycle or Lead Time for completed User Stories in a given time frame. The Stories and Bugs Burn Up template tracks completed Users Stories and Bugs against the total number of these entities in a release.
Visual Reports: dynamic annotations
The Annotations UI has been slightly redesigned, with some new functionality added. Previously, you were only able to add plain numbers, but now you are also free to add calculations. Let’s use a Process Control chart as an example. You can add the median of Cycle time or Lead time values as an annotation line. Your reports will calculate this number and display a line at these points. Whenever data is updated, the value for the annotation will be recalculated and the line automatically redrawn.
Visual Reports: progress bar for report updates
We suppose that it makes sense for users to actually know the progress of their report updates, so we've added a progress bar for this action. This bar also displays the count of updated items vs. total items. Moreover, both the status update section and “Update now” button have been moved to the top, closer to this progress bar.
- Inactive users will be highlighted on views
- Entity names will be included in 'Share link'
- Added support for DSL filters for Сustom Fields of relations
- Visual Reports: possibility to change fields order in axis
- Visual Reports: project entity can be selected as source for historical reports
- Visual Reports: browsing reports data is now possible on dashboards
- Visual Reports: annotations and filters are exported now along with other setup data when cloning report
- Inner Lists: Fixed a case where 'Add & Open' would not work in One-by-One mode
- It is now possible to create Requesters even if your default process has the Service Desk practice disabled
- Max comment length has been increased for the TFS plugin
- Values for Custom Fields will be saved (or removed) when an entity's Project undergoes a Process change depending on the Custom Fields settings in the new Process
- Fixed layout issues in Firefox when performing inline edits to Lists
- Fixed the layout of Team icons on the search results form
- Fixed: Webhook filters would not detect the event 'custom field value is changed' when both the filter and the custom field label contain the word 'Team'
- Fixed a problem where refreshing a Favorite view would cause the left menu to be scrolled down to the "All Views" section upon updating
- If you refresh the page while on a view that lays in a folder, the page will reload with that folder expanded in the left menu
- Entity drag-n-drop on Boards with Customs Fields as lanes will no longer fail when the entity also contains a System Custom Field
- Links in the 'My Recent' menu will no longer break
- Comparisons of two integers vs. float numbers will now work in Visual Encoding filters
- Inline edits for Date custom fields will no longer require an extra click
- Invalid licenses will no longer be saved during failed automatic updates
- Initial LastStateChangedDate is no longer copied when copying an entity to another Project
- Fixed: Import cannot create entities when there is no Project column in the CSV file, and just one Project selected in the Projects/Teams selector
- Fixed: POP email plugin would not create a Request after recreating a deleted profile if a message was sent by the deleted requester
- Feature and User Story views: Fixed incorrect breadcrumbs when opening newly added entities from the Success popup
- Fixed a case where prioritizing entities on Lists via drag-n-drop would result in the entity being placed at the beginning of the List
- Fixed: Comet does not update newly assigned entities in Inner Lists
- Fixed: After splitting a User Story, the name of the new story would be shown on Burn Downs (instead of the original name)