Terms for Program and Project
For those of you who need the ability to rename the system terms used for Project and Program entities, we are glad to announce that you can finally do so.
Terms for Project can be set up individually for each process, while the term for Program is global and applied system-wide:
Inline Edit for Planned Dates, Teams, Multiple Selection Custom Field
Planned Start date, Planned End date, Teams, and Multiple Selection Custom Fields are now available for inline editing on List views:
Time Quick Add for Board and List views
We have improved support for Time in views. You are now able to not only see Time cards, but also add time right from Board and List views:
System Custom Field
You can now create fields that can only be modified by the Targetprocess system. You may need this when using metrics: if you create a target Custom Field for a metric and set it as 'System field', it won't be available for editing by users. You can find the new option for 'System field' while creating or editing custom field:
- You can now import Users with Custom Fields
- Views can now be starred as Favorites from view setup
- Redesigned the top filter for views
- You can now search for entities by ID if the '#' symbol is in the beginning of the ID
- Fixed issues with incorrect terms applied to Lists in entity details windows.
- Improved system performance when a Team Workflow is modified.
- When a User Story is reassigned to another Team Iteration, its child Tasks with the same Team Iteration will also be moved.
- Turned on prioritization in views if Requests are displayed with other entity types.
- Fixed incorrect User Story effort calculation when it is calculated as a sum of Task effort.
- Removed the sorting icon for Calculated Custom Fields in List view headers.
- Fixed incorrect rounding of Assigned Effort for Iterations on Board views.
We've been working on quite a lot of improvements for both our iOS and Android apps. The most exciting one is a new board concept that we've introduced in our latest iOS release (v.3.6). The beta release of this board focuses on navigation, and includes the ability to swipe between columns. Lanes will always have visibility because they stick to the header. Quick Add and Drag-n-Drop are absent in the current realization, but we will be adding them soon.
If you want to share your expressions or fears about the new board concept, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The enhancements below apply to both our Android and iOS applications, unless otherwise specified.
Relations list in entity details view
For those who need the possibility to look at items related to an entity, we've added a Relations list to the entity details view. Relations are divided into Inbound and Outbound lists.
If you're not sure why certain cards or lanes are not being displayed on a view, we’ve added the possibility to inspect view configuration. View setup is in read-only mode, but you can reset your personal Project and Team filter.
Quick Add from inner lists
Adding a new entity is now easier on our Android app, as you can add cards from the appropriate inner list. You don't have to search for Project or Team – they are preset from the parent entity.
Turn off notifications directly from the Android app
We've had some complaints about the inability to switch off notifications directly from the app. You can now do this by tapping the 'Mute' button that is located in the 'Notifications' tab.
Some other useful improvements include:
- Added new actions for comments: Reply to, Copy text, and Delete. Long-press on a comment and select what you need.
- Extended the Add tab in Android with all existing entity types.
- Added missing fields into the entity details view.
Click here to download the iOS app.
Click here to download the Android app.
Inline editing improvements
Two more fields are now available for inline editing in Lists: Owner, and Initial Estimate of Features and Epics.
Negative numbers are now supported in money fields and numerical Custom Fields.
Enabled searching by folders in the left menu
- If a conflict occurs with another user while editing a Description, the login and email of the other user will now be displayed in the conflict message.
- POP/IMAP plugin: a new requester won't be created if an active Targetprocess user with such an email already exists
- Project quick add enabled from views with a State or Process axis.
- When a User Story is reassigned to another Team, its related tasks will also move (if they have the same team assignment as the User Story).
- Fixed: Request terms from a default process will now apply to the Settings menu's 'Request Types'.
- Fixed 'Filter is incorrect' message if counts with predicates are included into DSL filters. For example: ?Assignments.Count(It.Role is 'Developer')>1
- Fixed multiple issues with VS2015 Add-In.
- Fixed hyperlinks and text selection in one-line comments.
- Fixed: Users that can add cards but do not have edit permissions can no longer assign other users to a card.
- Fixed markdown editor which decoded HTML in edit mode.
- Non-admin users with 'add' user permission can now add new users.
- Fixed: Custom Fields for a user disappeared from System Settings > Custom Fields list after any process soft delete.
- Fixed an installation error that would occur due to cache folder permissions.
- Fixed ridiculous error 'We can't see if application is loaded' while sharing a Board.
- Fixed a case where replies to a requester wouldn't work properly. Requester name will now be correctly displayed in email replies.
- Fixed a case where exporting to CSV would fail with an exception if any lane was filtered by a collection/count.
- Fixed image duplication in email notifications if a comment contained two different files with the same name.
- Fixed follow notifications. Follow Activity widget: prefix <!--markdown--> appeared if a comment was added from the markdown editor.
- Fixed a complex filter:'?assignedUser.where(it is me) and responsible is me'. This filter helps you to view cards assigned to the logged user which are in the state this user is responsible for.
Added private and pinned comments for Requests
You can now mark comments on Requests as private, or pin them to the top of the discussion. This is mostly designed to improve the Service Desk experience. You can read more at this dedicated blogpost.
Visual Reports: Changed Formulas Editor
We have disabled the ability to save invalid and previous versions of graphical report formulas. Find out more at this dedicated blogpost.
We really appreciate your feedback on our reports editor. What do you like about it? What could be improved? Let us know what you think at email@example.com
Deprecating TestTrack integration
The TestTrack integration plugin will be no longer supported. You can find out why at this dedicated blogpost.
- Fixed: duplicate notifications were sent when mention user and workflow notifications were ON
- Fixed improper word wrapping in comments
- Fixed time recalculations for parent entities when time is changed for any related entities
- Fixed an exception that would happen when unlinking a Bug from a Test Case Run
- Fixed: failure to send notifications configured for a Project entity (such as a state change or an added comment)
- Fixed incorrect printable view for custom reports
- Non-admins can now assign a Team to a Project using Quick Add
- Added the ability to open Process setup and Settings in a new tab