How to set Creation Date during import
- Import from CSV files
- How to import entities from a CSV file
- Entities and fields supported for import from CSV files
- Import Users from CSV file
- Import Requesters from CSV file
- Create New Entities with an Imported CSV File
- Update Existing Entities within Import from CSV Files
- Import Hierarchical Backlogs from CSV Files
Creation Date field in Targetprocess entities is important for history tracking. It also helps to display data properly on Timelines and in charts. It is not possible to modify creation date for existing entities. However, you can set custom creation dates for your new entities at the moment when you import them.
These actions make sense when you import an ongoing project which began several months ago. When CreateDate fields of its entities are populated with correct past dates, the Targetprocess allows you to put actual StartDate and EndDate to the entities without any limitations.
Whichever method of creation you use, import from CSV file or within REST API query, you can set Creation Date for your newly added entities.
Set Creation Date with CSV file
Please don’t forget to add ‘CreateDate’ column to your CSV file and map it during import.
Set Creation Date with API
Alternatively, specify CreateDate details field in the REST API POST request during creation of an entity:
Still have a question?
We're here to help! Just contact our friendly support team