How to issue a new SSH key pair from Git Bash and use it in Targetprocess
Using Targetprocess Git Integration plugin, you can integrate your Targetprocess application with your Git account. To connect, use Login and Password credentials pair or an SSH key pair. If you don’t have keys yet, you can generate them on your side using the Git Bash app.
- Open Git Bash and run the following:
$ ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 4096 -C "firstname.lastname@example.org"
This command creates a new SSH key, using the provided email as a label.
- When you’re prompted to “Enter a file in which to save the key”, press Enter. Save files to the default location.
- At the prompt to “Enter a passphrase”, type a secure passphrase. You can skip this step if you don’t plan to use the keys anywhere but in Targetprocess.
- Login to your Github account. Go to Settings > SSH and GPG keys.
- Click button ‘New SSH key’, add Title to it and paste there content of your public key. Click ‘Add SSH key’. Saved!
- In Targetprocess go to Settings > Plugins > Git > Add/Edit profile.
- Select ‘Use SSH keys’ option. Upload just generated Public and Private keys. Done!
Still have a question?
We're here to help! Just contact our friendly support team
Get started for free
Manage complex work, projects and products with Targetprocess
We’ve sent you a confirmation e-mail — please, go check it.
With our product specialist Ksenia