Administrator of a system can customize the look of Quick Add form, and configure which fields to show there and which of them will be required or optional. For example, a User Story quick add form can include fields such as feature, planned dates, release etc.
To start customization, navigate to the Settings -> Quick Add menu item.
You'll see there list of all entity types exiting in system. You can select any and observe the fields available in Quick add form for such entity type.
List of fields available for customization
- Entities, such as Release for Bug
- Drop-down lists, such as Severity, Business Value for Bugs
- Number fields, such as Capacity for Iteration
- Date fields, such as Planned End date for Feature
- Name field. Removing it from the Quick Add form means that the entity will be created with the default name 'untitled entity'.
- Teams field. Can be customized for assignable entities (like Epic, Request, Test Plan, etc)
- Assigned user roles
- Configurable controls. Such a fields which values vary based on what's selected in another field.
- Custom fields
Operations with fields
- Add: Click '+Add field' and select the one form the opened list
- Mark as required: check 'Required' checkbox.
- Mark as non-required (not applicable to required Custom fields)
- Remove: click the Bin icon from the right of field name
Custom fields of the same type and name but with different ‘Require’ setting display separately in fields list, related Process is from the right:
Quick Add form
Fields added via Quick Add customization setting will be available in all quick add forms for specific entity types.
The order is the same as in settings. Custom fields are on the bottom of the form.
Required fields are marked with '*'.