Requires the following solution to be installed:
- Requirement Enablement (eaf4ecf8-6dfc-43a7-84b7-e637c70a487e)
Can be extended with the following solution:
- Lean Business Case (1a187fc1-5375-4b6f-b994-ffc74651c666)
- Lean Budgeting: Portfolio Epic MVP Cost (03b2ead1-4496-4c10-bb88-4dfbd1d4c627)
Since Portfolio Epics are some of the most significant enterprise investments, stakeholders must agree on their intent and definition. The solution enables a Portfolio Epic Hypothesis Statement template (a new tab) for capturing, organizing, and communicating critical information about a Portfolio Epic.
Hypothesis Statement tab contains the following information:
- Funnel Entry Date – shows the date that the Portfolio Epic entered the funnel, i.e. have been created.
- Key Stakeholders – defines a list of Portfolio Epic stakeholders. By default, you'll see here the list of roles responsible for a Portfolio Epic. To add Key Stakeholder and Portfolio Epic Owner roles for a Portfolio Epic, please follow the steps described here.
- Epic Hypothesis Statement – describes a Portfolio Epic from hypothesis statement perspective. Read more details here.
- Business Outcomes – defines how the success of the Portfolio Epic will be measured. For example, 50% increase in shoppers under 25; Availability increases from 95% to 99.7%, etc.
- Leading Indicators – establishes innovation accounting metrics to provide leading indicators of the outcomes hypothesis. For example: A measurable change in purchaser demographics within 30 days of feature release.
- Non-Functional Requirements - Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs) associated with the Portfolio Epic.
When you install the solution, it won't automatically add Hypothesis Statement template to existing Portfolio Epics. To fill the field with the template please do the following:
- Open Settings -> Automation Rules
- Enable and open the following rule:
- Set Hypothesis Statement for existing Portfolio Epics
- Click Save and trigger now button
- Disable the rule after run
As a result the existing Portfolio Epics will have Hypothesis Statement template added: