Relations and dependencies between entities can be displayed as arrows on Board, Roadmap, List views.
Relations between items in any state (open, in progress, closed) are displayed. If a card has an arrow pointing away from it, it's an outbound relation. If a card is being pointed at, it has an inbound relation to the other card.
Show and hide Relations on views
To make Relations visible, press Actions > Relations > Show button:
When Relations are visible, you can select with checkboxes types of Relations you'd like to see. Or, Hide all the Relations completely.
Add, Edit, Delete Relations on views
it's possible to create a relation between two cards directly in a Board view. Simply right-click on the first card, choose "Add relation..." action. Then select the second card and type of relation to be created between them. As soon as the relation is created, an arrow between cards appears.
Relation can be also edited and removed directly from the views. Right-click on an arrow and swap its direction or delete it completely.
On an externally shared view, arrows for Relations will be visible when they are visible on an origin view.
Children relation type
Starting from v. 2208.5.0 you can observe 'Chilren' relation type. It display as green arrow on Views and connect cards having 1...m relation. Direction of arrow is from Children to Parent:
Highlight planning issues
When planning, it's handy to see planning issues and make adjustments right away. We highlight such relations in red on Board views configured with lanes:
You will see planning issues when:
- Board lanes set with Iteration, Release, Team Iteration or any entity having Planned dates (like Feature, ART etc)
- Dependencies, Blockers or Children relations show on Board
- Dependent item planned earlier than entity it depends on, or didn't plan at all
- Planned earlier means that planned start date of item from lane is less than planned start date of another item
- When two lanes selected and both can influence planning issues, then we take into account columns only
- When two lanes selected and one of them is grouped (like PI when selected with ART, or TI when selected with Team), then we take into account grouped lane. No matter whether it's in column or row
Updates from outdated versions
The built-in feature Show Relations replaces the deprecated extension (mashup) named Custom Unit Show Relations. The mashup should be deactivated in system settings.
Still have a question?
We're here to help! Just contact our friendly support team