How to import entities with Effort
- Import from CSV files
- How to import entities from a CSV file
- Entities and fields supported for import from CSV files
- Import Users from CSV file
- Import Requesters from CSV file
- Create New Entities with an Imported CSV File
- Update Existing Entities within Import from CSV Files
- Import Hierarchical Backlogs from CSV Files
It’s possible to import both the total effort for multiple roles and the effort for a single role, depending on how many responsible roles you’ve got for an entity.
Let’s say, you have User Story with two responsible roles: Developer and Tester. In this case, the effort is split. For example, you want to import a User Story that has 12 hrs of effort in total, but the Developer effort is 7 hrs and the Tester effort is 5 hrs.
You should enter the effort in the following format:
(Developer) 7, (Tester) 5
The general format is:
(role) effort value, (role) effort value, (role) effort value
For a single responsible role, just enter the effort value:
Here is an example of how you can import a User Story and several Tasks. Note that User Story has two roles: Developer and QA Engineer
If there are two responsible roles for a User Story, be sure to specify effort for both the roles in the Effort column, otherwise Effort will not be imported.
Still have a question?
We're here to help! Just contact our friendly support team