How to create a new Test Plan Run
To create a Test Plan Run you have to create a Test Plan with Test Cases in advance.
There are many places in Targetprocess where you can create a new Test Plan Run.
Test Plan view
- Open a View where Test Plans are selected as Cards or Lanes. Create the View manually if you don't have one yet.
- Create a Test Plan, if you don't have any yet. Assign existing Test Cases to it if it is required.
- Open a detailed View for the Test Plan.
- Go to Test Plan Runs tab.
- Click Add Test Plan Runs link.
- Type a name for the new Test Plan Run.
- Press Enter button.
A new Test Plan Run is created. It includes Test Case Runs, automatically created from the Test Cases of the associated Test Plan. You can click on IDs of the Test Plan Runs to see more details.
When any change is made in a test case (add, delete, edit, etc), all the test case runs created for this test case will be updated automatically. To avoid changing a test case (or test plan) that has already been executed, it is better to create a copy of a test case if significant modifications are required.
Quick Add on a Board / Details / List / Timeline view modes
A new Test Plan Run can be added on a Board, List, Details and Timeline view modes if Test Plan Runs are selected to be shown as cards.
On a Timeline view, you can add a new Test Plan Run using the Quick Add button in a backlog column. Then schedule Test Plan Run execution by using drag and drop.
When the Test Plan Run is created, you're welcome to start its execution.
Still have a question?
We're here to help! Just contact our friendly support team