Overview This custom solution synchronize Users and SubChapters from external system (SAP HR) to Targetprocess. To archive this customer exposed Web Service with 2 methods: EmployeeUpdatedSince - returns a list of user ids that has been changed in
This custom solution synchronize Users and SubChapters from external system (SAP HR) to Targetprocess. To archive this customer exposed Web Service with 2 methods:
- EmployeeUpdatedSince - returns a list of user ids that has been changed in period of time
- GetEmployeeList - returns user data including SubChapter the user belongs to
Solution consists of 3 rules:
- 'SAP (1) get changed users' - this rule retrieve changed users and calls 'SAP (2)...' method in paged manner using Web-hook approach
- 'SAP (2) get user details (changed users ids)' - this rule retrieve data for the set of user ids, convert XML to JSON and calls 'SAP (3)...' method for each user using web-hook approach
- 'SAP (3) Update User and Subchapter' - this rule create/update user and subchapter and link them together
Authentication to the external service
Authentication to external SAP service should use certificate. We found a way to make it work in automation rules. We have Jira Server integration that support certificate based authentication and expose http proxy to automation rules that can be used to call external services. So we configured "Jira Server integration" profile and use it proxy in the automation rules to access external web service.
- PerId - unique user identifier in SAP HR
- Contract Type
- Function Code
- Contract Start Date
- Contract End Date
- Org Cost Center
- Employee Type
- Sap Active
- SubChapter - reference to the object
- Functional Domain
- SAP Team ID - unique identifier of the subchapter in the SAP HR
Currently rule 'SAP (1) is set up to run every hour. It will look for users changed in last 4 hours and apply changes.In case we need to process all user we need to change GET_CHANGES_SINCE_HOURS_AGO variable to the time long in the past like 876000 hours so we will retrieve changes from the beginning of the world.
See how Targetprocess aligns and empowers business and IT with the help of powerful integrations.
Targetprocess facilitates enterprise agility at all levels by enabling both Business and IT to work in one holistic solution. To help ensure value flow visibility and collaboration across the entire enterprise, Targetprocess allows a powerful set of integrations covering use cases for different levels and roles within organization.