We began phasing out Targetprocess v.2 in May 2016. Our last Targetprocess 2-supported build is v3.8.10. All updates after this are not compatible with v.2.
We've stopped supporting Targetprocess v.2. It's the end of an era. As we’ve explained in earlier posts, we’re doing this to accelerate our development speed and make important improvements to Targetprocess v.3. This means you'll no longer have access to features that are exclusive to v.2:
- Old lists including Time List - use new Time List view instead
- Old Kanban board, Task board, Release plan, Iteration plan, Prioritize view, Requests queue
- Old dashboards - use new dashboards instead
- Old Test Runner - see how to create and execute test plan runs now
- Split action for User Stories (replacement for Targetprocess 3 released in v3.10)
- My Inbox and Public Inbox
- Some other legacy features of the Targetprocess 2 interface
In version 3.10.5 several more reports were cancelled as well. Under the links below please find how to build replacement reports, views and dashboards for them:
- Yesterday Dashboard
- Daily Progress views and Daily Time Remain Trends report
- Progress Summary view
- Sprint Velocity
- User Stories Dynamics
- Lead and Cycle Time
- Bugs by Severity
- Bugs Dynamics
- Bugs Count by States
- Test Cases by User Story
- Test Runs by Release/Sprint/Build
- Time By Person - use Tabular report or Visual report instead
- Load by Person
- Printable Reports
What legacy features are still preserved and migrated to Targetprocess 3:
- Custom reports - now renamed to Tabular reports
- Time sheets
- Settings -> System Settings
- Audit History
- Tags and Bundles
All of your data should still be available in Targetprocess 3.
If you need help transitioning to Targetprocess v.3 and training users, please do not hesitate to schedule a “Migration to Targetprocess 3” workshop.
I'm currently using v.2 and don't want to upgrade
Our last Targetprocess 2-supported build is v3.8.10. All updates after this will not be compatible with v.2. If you do not want to lose access to Targetprocess 2, please let us know via email@example.com. We don’t recommend this option, but it is your choice and we will take steps to help you keep your access to v.2. In this case:
- For On-Demand accounts: We will move your account to a separate environment where you can continue working with Targetprocess 2, but will no longer receive updates or new features.
- For On-Site accounts: You will not be able to upgrade your Targetprocess instance with any build released after v3.8.10. You can keep using Targetprocess 2, but with no new features or updates.
Finding the 'good' in goodbye
We’ve had some great times with Targetprocess 2, and we’ll always look back at it fondly. If you want to read the whole story behind the product, take a look at our company chronicles (2004-2014).
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this change. If you have any fond memories of v.2, we’d love to hear them in the comments. Now, it’s time for us to move on and look ahead to the future of Targetprocess. We hope to see fans of Targetprocess 2 there as well.