Automatically added views to Favorites
For users that haven't added any views to the Favorites section, we've automatically marked some of your most-used views as Favorites. You can take this suggestion, or easily revert it.
Inline editing and navigation for Entity fields in Lists
We recently introduced the ability to open and edit Entity custom fields in Lists. From now on, this same behavior will be applied to native Entity fields, such as Epic, Feature, User story, Iteration, Release, etc.
Clicking on the pencil icon will allow you to edit the field's value, whereas clicking on the entity's name will open the entity itself.
Notice removed for Features and Epics: 'Feature has # User Stories with total effort #h'
We've removed the notice 'Feature has # User Stories with total effort #h' from Feature and Epic entity views. The Effort field has been added to the info panel instead.
Split: Added the option to copy comments and change entity owner
When splitting an entity, you can now copy comments from the original entity, or change the assigned Owner right from the Split form:
Custom Rule: Reopen a Request when replied by Requester
Previously, when a Requester added a new comment to a Request in a Final state, the Request was moved back to the Initial state. But, when a Requester replied to an existing comment, the Request stayed in the Final state.
We've now added a Custom Rule which automatically moves a Request from the Final state to the Initial state when any of the Requesters reply to an existing comment or create a new one.
This Custom Rule is activated by default. It can be deactivated in Settings —> Custom Rules if needed.
- The annoying card details popover that appears when hovering over cards on a Board will now only appear when cards are minimized/collapsed
- Added a new checkbox component to Project views for Product/Active fields
- Added SSL/TLS support for SMTP email server. More details here
- Fixed: Terms are not applied to entity types in view setup
- Fixed: Terms are not applied to list headers and custom units
- Quick Add form will no longer 'jump' in Lists when clicking the “+” at the bottom of the screen
- Lists will now show a loader when the Quick Add form doesn't immediately open
- Fixed a case where Custom Fields for Time lists would not be filtered by Process if 'Any Project' was selected in the Project-Teams selector
- Scroll will now work properly in the assignments section for MacOS and Chrome/FF
- Fixed a problem where all sections in the left menu would be incorrectly expanded
- Inner List: Fixed a case where you would be unable to use spaces in the filter field when opening Attach to Request, Find Duplicate
- Added some fixes for the Entity Custom Field custom unit in Lists
- Fixed incorrect sorting of Custom Fields in the 'Sort By' dropdown when setting up a view
- Fixed a problem where new Project names would sometimes not be saved
- Visual encoding will no longer break for Inbound Relation and Outbound Relation cards when using 'EntityState' in rules
- Relations tab: lookup will now show all cross-project Releases
It's been a while since we posted something new about Service Desk, and I am happy to share the latest changes with you.
Service Desk is now fully translated to 10 languages, all thanks to a number of awesome people who volunteered to contribute to the translation process. This is really impressive, as we did not have the chance to hire translation agencies for this feature. Such support from the community is really appreciated and makes us feel that maybe we did one or two things right.
The following languages are now available:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
There is a global, default language which be set at Service Desk options by an admin, but users can select the one they individually prefer in their personal settings. This will be useful if you have people working in different locations.
It's no secret that search functionality was rather... limited in Service Desk. Basically, it searched for the exact phrase you typed, and it was rather slow. We did this on purpose back then, since we planned on reusing the awesome new search engine being developed for Targetprocess. This engine is now available in Targetprocess, and you can already find it at our own instance of Service Desk. It will be available for all Service Desk users with our next release (v.3.12.3).
As you may know, you can embed a simple Widget into any page or application so that users can submit requests right from there, without using the full version of Service Desk. This is not something really new — it was already available in previous versions. However, it was not very convenient to configure it, as you would almost certainly need to consult our guide and form your Widget link by adding parameters manually. We simplified the process by allowing you to configure your Widget at Service Desk Settings:
Improvements in permissions
- Targetprocess administrators will now see private requests in Service Desk, as they would in Targetprocess.
- Request owners can see their own private requests even if they are not among requesters anymore.
- If you are a requester or the owner of a request, you can now see the request in the My Requests list, even if the project is not available in Service Desk. This will help companies who have one project for incoming support tickets, and then distribute requests to the appropriate project by Support Team. In fact, this was the only thing preventing us from deprecating the old Help Desk portal where such a scenario was both supported and critical for some customers.
- It is now much easier to find the My Requests list, which was previously hidden under the cogwheel icon.
- Targetprocess users will now see internal links to Targetprocess for requests and related items.
- We are no longer displaying states in groups (like Open, In Progress, Done) if the projects use only one process. In this case, you will now see your actual states.
- It is now more clear which request type is currently selected.
There were some other minor bug fixes and smaller improvements as well, such as the addition of my personal favorite black color theme.
We hope you like our Service Desk, and we'd really love to hear your thoughts and feedback.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Changed the popup for Targetprocess release notes
As you might have noticed, there was no automatic in-product popup for these release notes. Rather, a green dot on the Settings gear indicates there's something new to read, which you can open at your convenience.
A quick note: We push releases out to users incrementally, so don't worry if you don't see these changes right away. We're coming for you next.
Left menu improvements
- We've renamed 'Groups' to 'Folders', as this name makes more sense here
- We've more explicitly separated the 'Favorites' and 'All Views' sections
- The 'All Views' section can now be collapsed
- You can now find your Favorited items (Folders and Views) not only in 'Favorites', but also in 'All Views'. Thus, 'All Views' section will keep the same set of Folders and Views although you added some of them to 'Favorites'.
Search: Sort your results by Creation Date
By default, search results in Targetprocess are ordered by relevance. Starting with this release, you can now also order your search results by creation date. Select your preferred sorting in the top left corner:
Targetprocess Entity custom fields as lanes
You can now use Targetprocess Entity custom fields as lanes on a view. You can create a new entity with this custom field straight from the board using the 'Quick add' button. Or, change the value of this custom field for already existing entity by dragging & dropping.
- Visual encoding will now work with dates
- Inner Lists: Removed unnecessary clicks for Add Time function
- Fixed issue where Search2 would fail when appConfig isn't presented in the URL, or when an empty context is selected for the view
- Search will no longer break Safari on OS Mavericks
- Fixed error in new search: "Cannot read property 'highlight' of undefined"
- Entities from inactive projects will not be taken into account in the tab counter on entity lists
- Unnecessary horizontal space will no longer appear in inner lists
- Fixed an issue where the 'Quick Add' icon wouldn't appear in a cell during mouse hover
- Fixed a case where List sticky header is displayed over filter suggestion
- Datepicker selection will now work in Git plugin
- Screen Capture Extension will no longer randomly stop working
- Fixed an issue where Targetprocess wouldn't load (deadlocks) after performing some actions to a large set of views from a large database
- Copy to Project will no longer fail if the entity has a System custom field
- Fixed incorrect effort calculations caused by nhibernate
- Fixed warning messages when Targetprocess is opened by several people, and one of them deletes and restores a group
- When you reply to a notification, the notification text will cut and will not be added to the comment
- Fixed project name in Milestones widget
- Fixed error when editing text or Entity custom fields after editing a Dropdown custom field in lists
- Fixed an issue where two tags are added instead of one when selecting a tag from the dropdown using arrow keys
- Fixed incorrect Dropdown custom field values for projects in a list
- Fixed a case where bulk invite doesn't execute if someone is already assigned to the Project
- Email integration plugin: rules will no longer be ignored if they contain a space
- Fixed a problem where concurrent modifications of custom fields would result in invalid custom field values on entities
- Fixed 'Internal server error' in AuditHistoryService for Custom Fields
- Custom terms for 'Project' entities will be shown in hints of the Project-Team selector UI
- Drag & drop will now work in the left menu in the latest version of Edge
New Report Creation Flow
We have slightly changed the way that reports are created. Templates for all sources will now be visible on the new reports page. This way, you can scroll to find what you're looking for, or filter by tag or keyword.
As soon as you find the template of your dreams, just click on it. A slide with chart and source settings will appear, so you have a chance to change the default data filters. You can create a chart from scratch by selecting "Blank" if there's no template that quite matches what you need, or if you are working on creating some unique visualization. Click "Create Report" to complete data processing and start editing the chart.
Runnings, totals, and other in-chart calculations
The report editor is super-charged with additional calculation possibilities. You have the power to add calculations which produce percentage, differences, and cumulative charts like the one below. Please check our online documentation to see what kind of functions are available for in-chart calculations.
New source: History of transitions
Sometimes, you might need to find out the history transitions of some concrete property, such as "State". We have built a special report source for that purpose called "History Changes & Transitions". You can find two templates on our new report page related to this source type for every entity (for example "Stories State Transitions" and "Stories By State").
The chart example below was designed to show how state transition distribution has changed over time.
We will really appreciate your feedback on this beta release of historical reports. What do you like about it? What could be improved? Let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org