Simplified Team/Project assignments
Managing team members’ access to Projects just became easier. We now offer a straightforward choice: you can give Team members access to either everything inside a Project, or to the Team's work only:
If you want to give full Project access to specific Team members, choose Team work only and assign selected members to the Project individually from the Project’s People tab.
We made sure that nobody received unwanted access or lost their permissions while migrating your Project-Team assignments to the new mechanism. We only used the Entire Project option for those Team-Project pairs where every Team member was assigned to the Project, and 'Auto-assign new people' was enabled. You can pick a default option for future assignments in General Settings:
You can learn more about managing Users in Projects and Teams here.
SSH support in Git plugin
We know you’ve been waiting ages for us to implement SSH support in our Git plugin—and we’ve certainly waited long enough to bring the functionality to production (sorry!). Finally, we are lucky enough to introduce it. You can now connect to your repository using SSH key pairs. Keys can be uploaded or generated by the plugin itself. Note that you can only use keys issued in an OpenSSH format.
Improved Hide Empty Lanes
You will no longer have to scroll through a bunch of blank pages while using Hide Empty Lanes, or create weird filters to eliminate empty lanes. We’ve reworked its implementation to automatically hide empty pages.
Merge of Requesters and Targetprocess Users with the same email
We've merged Requesters and Targetprocess Users who have the same email in order to avoid confusion. All requests have been migrated to Targetprocess users, so when you log in to Service Desk, you will see all the requests you've ever created at the My Requests tab, regardless of whether they were created via email, Service Desk, or directly in Targetprocess.
Visual Reports: chart filters
We've added more possibilities for filtering in Visual Reports. Now, instead of being restricted to only filtering source data, you can also easily filter aggregated data on charts. To find and apply these post aggregation filters, open a chart in edit mode and click the "Browse and Filter” button, then go to the “Chart data” tab.
Let’s say you have a chart that shows the total number of requests created daily over the last 2 months, and you need to filter out days where the count of requests was higher than usual (for example, higher than 30). The initial chart is shown below:
To filter chart aggregated data, try the following steps:
One more piece of good news is that you can now see which filters are currently applied to your chart or source data while browsing data on the chart.
Visual reports: support for terms
Targetprocess terms (including your own custom terms) are now applied everywhere in Visual Reports.
Visual reports: Team State added to the list of fields
It's now possible to add a Team State field to charts. Please note that this field is hidden by default in the fields list. To use it on a chart, you must first select it from the "Add field or formula" button.
Visual reports: new functions in calculations
There are now some new functions available in calculations: PERCENTILE, MEDIAN, and TEXT_AGG.
TEXT_AGG (text expression) can be applied to categories only. It combines all corresponding values of categorical variables for data points into a single value.
MEDIAN (numeric expression) returns the median value in a numeric data set.
PERCENTILE (numeric expression, percentile value in range 0...1) returns the value at a given percentile of a data set. The 50th percentile — that is setting PERCENTILE to 0.5 — is equivalent to using MEDIAN with the same data set.
Visual reports: redesign and some UI changes.
We've changed facets a bit on the Y axis, leaving it more compact and user-friendly. We hope you will like these changes.
Thumbnails for templates have now become even more beautiful and detailed.
Also, in the scope of improving UX for the field setting popup, we've reviewed the order of fields according to their importance and priority. As a result, we have moved the Calculation field up, and put the Annotations field at the bottom (as it less commonly used).
You can find more info about these and other new features for our Visual Reports engine here.
- Board column separators have been replaced with a proper resizer
- Search syntax has been added to the Search screen
- The link in Entity Field units will now take up all the available width in List views
- Redesigned the inline edit popover
- Made it easier to copy IDs on views
- The modifier in follow notifications will now be displayed on the assignment creation event
- 'No EntityType' rows on Lists will now stand out from actual cards
- Task and Bug axes have been added to Relations cards
- Filtering by TestPlanRun children will now work properly
- Search terms in quotes will work as expected
- Items from inactive projects will no longer be taken into account in filters
- Embedded images will no longer be lost after another entity is created from a request
- Searching by the exact phrase will now return the expected results
- Search: Equal terms will be grouped in the Entity Types selector if their multiple form is different
- When you're not allowed to move a view to a Folder, the view will fall into its previous place
- Search: Team Iterations will be blue in the Entity Type panel instead of grey
- If any of the Teams or Projects that a Folder is shared to are deleted, users will still be able to move their views or create a new layer inside the original Folder
- Custom units for checkbox custom fields will no longer be cut off on cards
- Entity View: Fixed an issue where you would be unable to get a list of available teams if any Teams are mentioned
- Forecasted End Date is no longer missing from Project view
- It will now be possible to copy text using Ctrl+C on One-by-One views
- Visual Reports: trendlines and annotations will now be displayed in charts that have been exported to PNG
- Visual Reports: It will now be possible to edit color for dates in the legend when period scale is selected
We know the ability to reach out to us and ask a question or report an issue is extremely important for you. But what about when nobody's available? Getting a reply the next day is okay, but we’d like to do better than just “okay”.
We used to work from 7 a.m. London time until 7 p.m. New York time. That’s pretty good for Europe, sort of okay for the U.S., and terrible if you are in Asia, Australia or New Zealand.
That's why I’m happy to announce our Support Team is now available for 24 hours on weekdays! You can reach us via live chat or email@example.com. By the way, I'm not talking about live chat bots, which are becoming popular these days. No, we are all humans, with all the pros and cons that entails.
So, we now start on Monday at 8 a.m. Melbourne time, and will be happy to chat with you until 7 p.m. on Friday, New York time. In fact, we've been doing this for about a month already – we just wanted to polish our internal process a bit before the big announcement.
We're still not working on weekends, but there's not that much activity around those times anyway, and you might want to get some rest on weekends too.
Please note that we're only talking about customer support here. In the unlikely event of some server issues or an account becoming unavailable, there is still an infrastructure engineer on duty 24/7, so we have you covered there.
We really love talking to you, fixing things, and sometimes breaking things together. We hope this will result in us having more conversations, and at moments that are more convenient for you. Don't let time hold you back!
My Items in the left menu
At the top of the left menu, you'll soon notice the new My Items view. Here you will find a collection of all data related to you, including assignments, teams, and account settings.
Take a look at the My Assignments tab. This is all the work that's assigned to you. This stable access point will help you to quickly find your work, and make the states of cards you're working on more visible.
We'd really appreciate your feedback on the new My Items view. Feel free to share via the 'Give feedback' button.
Also, based on complaints about the Open Assignments tab on the user details view, we've replaced it with the same list you see above – items assigned to the user, grouped by states.
Copy links from cards context menu
From now on, it will take less clicks to get direct links to cards. We've introduced a 'Copy link' action, which will allow you to quickly copy the cards' links directly from a Board. Just select the cards you want to share, and either select 'Copy link' from the dropdown menu, or use Ctrl/Cmd+C.
Visual reports: new editable legends, and the possibility to set custom colors
We're glad to announce that we have added more possibilities to customize your report. You can now easily change the colors used by clicking on the ‘color’ icon in the COLOR coding area, and replacing it with what you’d prefer. To learn more, please read our blogpost on this feature.
Visual Reports: Ideal, Forecast lines for Burn Down and Burn Up reports.
We have improved our Burn Down and Burn Up templates, and made it possible to add Ideal and Forecast lines. If you do not need them, you can just uncheck these options in the Trendline section.
You can also add them manually when creating a historical report from scratch, but please note that to get these lines in the Trendline area, your chart setup should correspond to your Burn Down/Burn Up configuration.
Follow this link if you want to find more details on that.
Visual Reports: redesigned Settings pop-up
We hope you like our redesigned Settings pop-up. We got rid of a few tabs, so now you can find all possible options together.
Visual Reports: Custom Activity has been added for Time entities
Users are now able to create some reports by Custom Activity (Time entity source), as we have added it to the list of available fields.
- 'Move to Top' has been added to the context menu for entity Inner Lists
- Term support has been added for Search
- When hovering over the name unit of a card, a tooltip with the full name will appear
- Tooltip about the view legend option has been removed
- Your current view will always be shown when searching in the left menu
- Fixed an error that would occur when trying to sort a List with columns by Custom Fields, when a 16-digit number is set as the Custom Field value
- Asterisk operators * will work properly in Search
- The search screen will now open immediately after pressing the 'Enter' key
- Card movement will no longer break on Boards that have several cards types and two axes, where the cards are sorted by the same Custom Field
- The Timesheet will no longer show items from deleted/inactive Projects
- Fixed the way that empty required Custom Fields look on entity views
- Deleted Custom Field values will no longer appear in Search results
- Fixed highlighting on a parent level when dragging a child card over it while sorting is applied to the child list
- Non-informative error will no longer be shown when filter can't be presented in a visual way
- A view/group now can not be moved/created in a group for which a user has partial access
- Fixed: Split action can't be performed by a User with the proper Team member permissions for it
- If several Teams are assigned to an entity that is split, all Teams will now be assigned to the new entity
- Save and Cancel actions will no longer be available while saving a comment
- Fixed: ESC closes the entity view instead of closing the description field on the entity view
- Fixed: ESC closes the entity view instead of closing a popup opened on the entity view
- Fixed: List header is not always shown when scrolling (depending on scroll position)
- Visual reports: fixed look and format of date-fields with a periodic scale in the legend
- Visual reports: users will be able to save Custom Formulas that use date field and relative shift
- Visual reports: in exports to PNG, the order of items in the legend of the PNG will match their order in the report
- Visual reports: fixed an error that would result in some fields becoming unavailable while changing source
Login screen redesign
Over the last month, our mobile team worked on improving the login screen. It's now much more beautiful, and most notably uses the intuitive interface that you're used to from the web version.
Visual encoding on Boards
We know you adore the visual encoding feature on our web application. Visualization of different work items according to their state or condition helps you to quickly observe your team or project status, notice any blockers or impediments, and differentiate cards with just a glance at the Board. You can easily setup visual encoding rules from the web application, and can now enjoy its benefits on our iOS app! Annotations of visual encoding rules applied to a particular Board are available at the View Setup menu on your iPhone or iPad.
Grey highlighting for done and inactive cards
Done and inactive cards for Iterations, Team Iterations, Releases, Projects, and Users are now highlighted in grey and can be explicitly distinguished from other cards on Boards and inner lists.
Support for converted entities
We've added support for converted entities. The app will now automatically redirect you to the new (converted) entity view when opening it from Search, the Notifications tab, push notifications, or deep links.
Please feel free to share any thoughts you have with us. Use the Feedback form in the app's 'Me' tab, or shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the iOS app.